Jobs at:Focus Africa
Deadline of this Job:
09 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Finance Officer will handle general accounting and finance operations as required of a very busy multi-donor funded NGO. Assignments will include budgeting for financial resources, report on the utilization of financial resources through variance analysis, and ensure financial resources are utilized within the stipulated policies, and contractual agreements. .
Main Duties include:
1. Financial, Management Accounting and Control
• Being one of the main data entry persons into the accounting system to produce periodic and end of year Income and expenditure, financial position, cash flows, fully reconciled bank reconciliations etc.
• Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual v budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
• Drafts multi-year organisational and specific programme activity budgets.
• Monitors technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy, and work plans.
• Supports the Finance HR and Admin. department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances, banking, and assets.
• Supports in safeguarding of the assets of the organisation, including the maintenance of the Fixed Asset register.
• As may be assigned, supports finance and admin. department in its function as procurement focal centre, to drive the implementation of procurement policies and plans, aimed at cost effective acquisition of high-quality materials, goods, consultancies, and non-consultancy services.
• Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimise resources and deliver value for money.
• Contributing on operational and strategic issues as a member of the Finance and Admin. Team.
• Ensures compliance with all financial reporting and forecasting requirements of specific donors projects and the institution, and ensuring the smooth flow of funds from funding sources;
• Ensures expenditure are incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements.
• Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: accounting, finance, business-related field, economics or related discipline.
• At least 1 year experience in accounting and finance preferably in an international or a regional not for profit organization/ NGO.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the reference on the subject line as Finance Officer (Ref: FNT/F12/16/2021), Deadline for submission of applications is on 9th January 2021
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. The position is open to African citizens who are legible to work in Tanzania, young women & women living with disability are also encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.