Jobs at:Church World Service (CWS)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, December 26 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 12 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for the daily expenditure, management, and maintenance of the RSC Africa financial records in CWS Tanzania office, in accordance with the guidelines of DOS/PRM and RSC Africa policies and procedures. The position works closely with the Nairobi-based Finance team, Administration Manager, Human Resource staff, General Service’s staff and other staff in the Administration and Program Departments.
Internal to CWS
• Country Representative
• RSC Program team
• Administration Team
• RDP Program Team
• Logistics vendors (hotel, ground transportation vendors, security company, etc.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Accounting and Finance (80%)
• Administers, disburses, and replenishes the Shilling and Dollar petty cash funds.
• Enters check and petty cash payments into sylogist sirenic accounting system.
• Enters data into the accounts receivable module and distributes quarterly debtors’ statements to staff/Bill staff with any owed amounts.
• Assists and organizes relevant documents for the annual audit both internal and external.
• Receives refunds of unused travel cash advances and any other cash and check refunds, issues receipts for any refund received and ensures regular and timely banking of all refunds received.
• Review and ensure that Trip Expense Reports are reviewed and duly signed by the relevant staff supervisors and filed appropriately.
• Performs quarterly stock-take of Inventory and prepares and submits a report on variances to the Administration Manager and Administration Supervisor for follow up.
• Assists in budget preparation, budget monitoring and tracking of expenditures.
• Follows sound accounting procedures and practices in conformity with GAAP, IAS and OMB circulars to ensure accuracy and transparency on the use of US Government’s funds.
• Reviews purchase requests, travel requests and any other form of procurement review coding on documents to ensure its accurate as per the coded budget.
• Files and retrieves financial documents, to include online filing.
• Assist with cash and bank reconciliations, Reconcile general ledger accounts monthly.
• Reconciles and disburses monthly, quarterly, and annual statutory deductions and returns, including pension, withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE within the statutory period.
• Prepares monthly financial reports on accrual basis using fund accounting principles.
• Prepares staff Telephone Bills report and any other receivable and sends it to payroll section on Monthly basis.
• Prepares and disburses accounts payable for approved purchases and contracts according to procedures and policies in place.
• Undertakes all duties as may be assigned by supervisor to improve on internal controls and financial operations for the overall achievement of RSC Africa’s goals and objectives.
• Provide administrative support in consultation with Administration supervisor.
• Work closely with procurement and travel and logistics teams to ensure smooth payment processes.
• Periodically work with procurement and logistics teams to reconcile vendors statements.
• Work with general service team on inventory and assets management including stock counts, assets verifications and quarterly reconciliations.
Additional Responsibilities (5%)
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by supervisor related to fulfilling program objectives. objectives.
• Four (4) years of work experience with INGO, preferably US-funded grants.
• Two (2) years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties in finance is required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and sylogist sirenic or similar accounting software required.
• Knowledge of fund and accrual accounting principles is required.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other Business Degree or four (4) years of experience in lieu of a degree required.
• CPA/ACCA/CIMA finalist with minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
• Advanced MS skills to include (advanced Excel).
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Maintain the integrity of official records.
• Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
• Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.