Finance Technical Assistant
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Finance Technical Assistant
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
• Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
• Ensure proper filing of documents (Naming/Numbering, Stamping, Filling…)
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
• Provide anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes.
• Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment.
• Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorisation and clarity on the invoices.
• Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities and also ensure that accountabilities are prompt and cleared before reports.
• Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, incentives, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
• Make all payments including field payments to beneficiaries or incentive staff, after approval by the line manager, and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents.
• Provide cash advances to staff when duly approved.
• Record all cash movements and undertake daily/Weekly/Monthly cash count.
• Assemble documents for data input in the accounting system, verifying project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs against checklist.
• Voucher preparation, signing voucher on requester, verifier, authorizer, writing cheques signing it on two account signatories.
• Prepare documents for 1560 & other accounts clearance.
• Maintain accurate financial and accounting files and transactions.
• Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents.
• Assist in preparation of monthly closing report
• Other assignment assigned by supervisor.
• University degree/Diploma in Finance/Accounting.
• Experience from working as a Finance Officer or Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Fluency in English, oral and written
• Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio.
• At all times in and outside work adhere to NRC Code of Conduct.
• Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
• Experience in community mobilization
• Knowledge of Kirundi.
• High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications
• Planning and delivering results
• Empowering and building trust
• Communicating with impact and respect
• Handling insecure environment
• Managing resources to optimize results
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Duty station: Kibondo, Tanzania (with frequent travels to the refugee camps)
Duration and type of contract: 5 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 July 2021.
Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.