Finance and Administration Director
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
06 July 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Director, under the supervision of the Chief of Party, will have primary responsibility for financial, accounting, contract and compliance management for the project. S/he will provide supervision and oversight of the program’s finance, administrative and human resources support staff, and establish the Activity’s financial systems and procedures required to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and local labor laws. We seek candidates with proven leadership and problem-solving skills who work collaboratively to identify and implement solutions. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead the development of an internal team to support the financial and administrative management of the project.
• Implement financial, budgeting, and operational policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements.
• Understand Abt’s financial and operations tools, systems, and policies and oversee their application and implementation for the Dar es Salaam and field offices.
• Ensure timely completion of month-end and year-end accounting closes, with appropriate supporting documentation for all accounting transaction uploaded to Abt’s accounting system.
• Lead and continuously develop and strengthen the field office finance, accounting, and operations team. Organize the orientation and provision of continuous training / skills building for all relevant field staff on financial and operations policies and procedures, and finance, accounting, & project management and operations.
• Advise and communicate with the COP on project financial status, availability of funds for project activities, and other financial and compliance related matters.
• Liaise on a continuous basis with Home Office Project Finance team to ensure highest level compliance with Abt’s policies, regulations, and procedures.
• Provide a leadership role in ensuring strict compliance with USAID’s rules, regulations & within contract terms.
• Work in close collaboration with field-based technical staff to develop a culture of budget and financial management that is commensurate with the ambitions of the project.
• Maintain financial reporting and tracking systems providing data measurements on financial performance of project objectives and activities.
• Lead and oversee the implementation of robust procurement processes and procedures that are compliant with USAID/USG and Abt policies and regulations.
• Manage, track and execute local project vendor invoices.
• Prepare timely monthly financial reporting and accurate financial projections throughout the fiscal year. Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets spending.
• Collaborate with project leadership to identify resources to help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
• Provide on-going financial administrative oversight to the project, including approval of financial transactions (payroll, vendor invoices, vouchers, etc.), and client invoices.
• Monitor Activity financial transactions, and ensure accountability and transparency.
• Work with the COP and home office management to support statutory audits, client audits and financial control reviews.
• Work with Abt’s home office Human Resources Department to recruit and onboard employees, facilitate employment agreements, and oversee project staff’s annual review process.
• Work with the COP to liaise with USAID on finance and accounting issues.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/100293
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.