Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Transform Trade Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 05 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Transform Trade is an international development charity which partners with people who are fighting for their communities and finding better ways to trade. In South Asia and East Africa, we partner with farmers, workers and artisans to help them benefit from more sustainable and equitable trade.In the UK, we advocate and campaign for changes to business practices and government policy.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient and effective financial management of Transform Trade work in Tanzania and for providing logistical and administrative support. The FAO will provide finance and administrative support for the implementation of Transform Trade-FCDO Funded project titled ‘People, Prosperity and Planet Project’ in Kisarawe and Rufiji district of Tanzania.
The People, Prosperity, Planet Project is a three-year (April 2022- March 2025) project to be implemented by Transform Trade in partnership with Tanzania Gender and Sustainable Energy Network (TANGSEN) in Kisarawe and Rufiji district of Tanzania. The project aims to improve Natural Resource Management (NRM) and livelihoods for 2200 ((1300 women: 800 men; 100 people with disabilities) vulnerable people through climate resilient practices & market led approaches along 4 value chain (VC’s)’. The four selected value chains include honey, fruit trees, poultry & vegetables.
Role: Finance and Administration Officer.
People, Prosperity and Planet Project. (Annual- renewable contract upon satisfactory performance -fixed term contract)
Location: Rufiji, Tanzania with travel to Dar es Salaam.
Responsible for the efficient and effective financial management of Transform Trade work in Tanzania and for providing logistical and administrative support.
This position will.
• Report to the Finance and Administration Manager, also working closely with the Project Manager and other regional teams.
• Develop strong partnerships with service providers in Tanzania.
• Ensure organisational resources are safeguarded from loss, misuse and/or fraud.
• Perform financial management tasks (preparation and processing accounting transactions, prepare financial statements, prepare monthly cashbooks and bank reconciliation, ensure positive cash flow, process funds requests, ensure proper filling of all documents among others.)
• Undertake budget management (support team in compiling, monitoring and tracking budgets).
• Ensure the office is well managed and organised.
• Provide administrative support to the project team- procurement, logistical support for Transform Trade staff and project activities when required.
• Ensure compliance of all donor and statutory government requirements.
• Ensure there is sufficient internal controls and these are reviewed regularly.
• Oversee the statutory and project audits and implement the audit findings.
• Undertake verification exercises of project financial transaction as directed.
• Coach and train field staff and partners on financial management
• Training staff, TOT and project participants on safeguarding
You will have:
• Holder of Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting or Business Administration majoring in Finance or in accounting or its equivalent qualification.
• Experience in managing the finances of development organisations especially those receiving funds from international agencies.
• Must have at least 3 years of working experience in preparing organisational financial statements and donor reports.
• Strong bookkeeping and financial management experience.
• Experience in using different accounting system; expertise in SAGE 200 is preferable.
• Experience in organising and managing an office.
• Experience of managing and building relationships with partners and associates.
• Familiarity with taxation and compliance rules of the Tanzanian Government.
• Honesty and integrity.
Hours/week: 40 working hours per week
Salary: Salary Band 5
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
A CV and completed application form of the interested candidate should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage candidates to apply early as job interviews will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing date for applications: 5th October 2023.
Provisional date for interviews: 12th October 2023.
Start date: Latest 27th November 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.