Finance and Credit Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, September 12 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, August 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TAHA is an apex private sector member-based organization mandated to develop and promote horticulture (flowers, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs and horticultural seeds) in Tanzania. TAHA’s goal is to improve the growth and competitiveness of horticultural industry in the country for social and economic gains. TAHA is a unified voicing platform for Tanzania horticulture, representing farmers at all levels, processors, exporters and service providers in the horticultural industry in Tanzania.
TAHA is currently implementing a 5-year USAID funded project called USAID “Tuhifadhi Chakula” activity. The purpose of the Project is to reduce food loss and waste and resultant climate effects for improved food security and livelihoods. The project is focusing on reducing food loss and food waste by addressing postharvest handling issues within key value chains with a major contribution to Tanzania food security basket. The project will implement interventions around four (4) main thematic areas, which improve food handling, storage and value addition at producer and commercial levels, facilitate market access to ensure agricultural good reach consumers, inform and promote policy and regulatory frameworks that reduce food loss and waste and strengthen local organizations capacity to lead on post-harvest management.
8. Finance and Credit Officer
Reporting to: Business Development Coordinator
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
The Finance and Credit Officer is responsible for providing financial and credit services to targeted beneficiaries, farmers and agribusinesses. This role involves assessing creditworthiness, facilitating access to financial services, delivering financial literacy training, and supporting the development of financial management skills. The Finance and Credit Officer plays a critical role in enhancing the sustainability and growth of beneficiaries by ensuring effective and responsible financial practices.
Scope of work
• Conduct thorough credit assessments of potential beneficiaries to determine their creditworthiness.
• Analyse financial statements, business plans, and other relevant documentation to assess risk and suitability for credit.
• Evaluate collateral options and recommend appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Collaborate with financial institutions, cooperatives, and microfinance organizations to facilitate access to credit and financial services for beneficiaries.
• Assist beneficiaries in completing loan applications and necessary documentation.
• Negotiate terms with financial partners to ensure favourable credit terms for beneficiaries.
• Develop and deliver financial literacy training programs to beneficiaries.
• Educate beneficiaries on basic financial concepts, budgeting, savings, and effective financial management practices.
• Tailor training sessions to the specific needs and understanding of different beneficiary groups.
• Provide ongoing support and guidance to beneficiaries in improving their financial management skills.
• Assist beneficiaries in creating and implementing financial plans to enhance their business sustainability and growth.
• Offer advice on cash flow management, investment decisions, and risk mitigation strategies.
• Establish a robust monitoring system to track the financial performance of beneficiaries who have received credit.
• Regularly assess the impact of credit and financial services on the beneficiaries' businesses.
• Prepare and submit timely reports on the progress, challenges, and successes of the finance and credit program.
Qualifications and skills
• A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Agri-Business, Economics, Business Administration, or a
Level related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Proven work experience of at least 4 years in financial analysis, credit assessment, and financial management.
• Strong understanding of agricultural and agribusiness contexts is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with diverse groups of beneficiaries and financial partners.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high level of responsibility and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively, Computer skills and problem-solving skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should send their applications enclosing detailed;
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae (not exceeding 4 pages)
• Copies of qualification certificates
The cover letter to be addressed to;
Human Resources and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 16520, ARUSHA.
1. Submission: All applications must be submitted via email to the following address: email@example.com.
2. Format: Please compile your application into a single PDF attachment. Ensure that all required documents are included in the PDF.
3. Subject Line: In the subject line of your email, clearly state the position you are applying for. For example: "APPLICATION FOR SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT POSITION."
4. Focus on One Application: Applicants are requested to apply for one specific vacancy only. Multiple applications for different positions will not be accepted.
5. Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, 12th September, 2023. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
6. Adherence: Please carefully adhere to all instructions provided above. Failure to comply with these instructions may result in your application not being reviewed.
The successful candidate will be remunerated according the TAHA salary scale, and in alignment with the candidate’s qualifications and professional experience. Other employment benefits will be as per the organization’s policy
Please note: TAHA is an equal opportunity employer that welcome all qualified candidates to apply for the open positions. TAHA is committed to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.