Finance and Grants Intern
Jobs at:Land O’Lake
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 31 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position is a learning by doing opportunity that will allow a talented intern to undertake a 6-month internship at Land O’Lakes Venture37 working with finance, procurement and grants project team. The Finance and Grants Intern will assist the team in a wide range of accounting, grants, and administrative responsibilities in support of the TI3P and DNA-BILD projects on Finance, Procurement, and Grants.
Reporting & Supervision:
The intern will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager.
The main responsibilities for this position are as follows:
1. Assist the Finance Manager to ensure all project expenditures are properly documented.
2. Review travel expense reports submitted by employees to ensure compliance with local travel policy.
3. Ensure adherence to all relevant statutory requirements in terms of financial management.
4. Scan all financial and procurement documents.
1. Assist the Grants and Procurement Specialist and Grants and Procurement Manager in maintaining grants documentation, procedures, and practices to carry out a fair and transparent award process.
2. Assist the Grants and Procurement Specialist in the review of grant files for completeness of documentation.
3. Organize vendors’ and grantees’ payment documents in a timely manner and ensure compliance with internal policies and grant agreements.
1. Assist the Finance Manager in organizing documents for internal and external audits.
2. Other duties as assigned.
1. Reconciliation of account balances.
2. Justification of expenses documents and statements.
3. Report on the grant’s application, and disbursements.
4. Updated procurement tracker
I. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
II. Advanced computer skills in using word processing and spreadsheet programs, as well as electronic communications programs.
III. Oral and written fluency in English, with excellent interpersonal skills.
IV. Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
V. Must have the legal right to work in Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.