Finance and Grants Officer
Jobs at:FHI 372
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supporting management of EpiC Tanzania sub awardees in the region as well as supporting financial functions of the project in the region. Be in routine contact with the EpiC sub awardees in the Region, conducting compliance site visits and providing ongoing support for financial and management systems setup and strengthening to develop Subawardee capacity. Also ensuring that all functions under the EpiC sub awardees are conducted in an efficient manner and in compliance with USAID and FHI360 policies, procedures and regulations.
Specific duties include:
• Monitor Subawardee financial and management performance within the region, liaising closely with EpiC technical and program staff monitoring technical performance.
• Conduct regular site visits to sub awardees to check compliance, follow-up on special award conditions, and provide capacity building support and coaching.
• Review Subawardee documentation including monthly invoices, supporting documentation (timesheets, receipts, etc.) and monthly program reports and submit to EpiC Tanzania head office.
• Prepare and manage a regional budget for EpiC Tanzania and track and monitor activities and expenditures within region to ensure alignment with budget and workplans in coordination with the Senior Grants and Compliance Officer
• Prepare financial reports and other documentation as requested and in accordance with EpiC directives.
• As needed, perform/review reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory etc.
• Assist in the development of sub-awardee budgets and provide capacity building technical assistance to sub-awardee staff.
• Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager for audits and assist in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
• Review and perform spot checks and reconciliation for petty cash per FHI 360 requirements
• Support procurement for project as needed, including reviewing vendor selection analyses from and ensure adherence to procurement requirements
• Responsible for inputting and preparing grants related reports from SAT system and reconciling GFAS/COMPAS with SAT system reports.
• Prepare project activities, pipeline reports, and budget for compliance with USAID and FHI360 standards and accuracy.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for submission in accordance with FHI 360 directives.
• Other duties as assigned
• Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration with 3-5 yrs relevant experience or Masters in similar field with 1-3 yrs relevant years of experience. CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management and reporting.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in grants management with local organizations, including capacity building of management and financial systems.
• Budget development skills for USAID-funded projects and general ledger skills
• Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
• Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities to meet business objectives.
• Familiarity with or knowledge of USAID-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key stakeholders.
• Familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly desirable.
• Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
• Good report writing and documentation skills.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Finance-and-Grants-Officer_Requisition-2022200969-1/apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.