Financial Accounting Manager
Jobs at:Air Tanzania Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is implementing its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2022) which includes the network expansion in local, regional and international destinations as well as improvement internal capacity by filling the vacancies as per approved organization structure. Applications therefore invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the position of Financial Accounting Manager in the
• Holder of Master Degree in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or
• Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or related qualifications from recognized
• Must have either CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIMA or related professional qualifications recognized by
• NBA and preferably registered as "Associate Accountant" or "Fellow Accountant"
• Must have at least eight (8) years of working experience in Aviation Revenue Accounting and must be in Senior position.
• Must have IATA Certifications including but not limited to Fares and Ticketing, Passenger and
• Cargo Proration, Interline Accounting and Control -Pax &Cargoland Sales Accounting & Control
• Must be knowledgeable of accounting applications
• Excellent analysis and report writing skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage, guide and lead subordinates
• Attention to details
• Problem-solving and flexibility
• Strong ethical standards
• Excellent decision-making skills
Duties and Responsibilities.
• The holder of the position will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Owner of all accounting Standard Operational Policies (SOP) related to Aviation Revenue
• Accounting and shall maintain and update these in-line With existing financial regulation, Finance Act and IATA revenue accounting manual. Coordinate preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue accounting reports to meet business needs and supporting business decisions.
• Overseeing and ensuring ICH billing is reconciled on each billing cycle to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of invoices from business partners.
• Participate in pricing and fare committees by availing sales and business analysis at point of sales
• level, route level and Corporate business performance,
• Participate in budget committee in preparations of forecasted revenue by considering market
• Preparation of forecasted cash inflows from all company's revenue streams on quarterly and
• annually basis.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key stake holders both internally and externally
• to ensure smooth business continuity.
• Manage BSP sales by ensuring proper sales accounting, Collection and reporting.
• Develop and build capacity for revenue accounting team skills through in house trainings.
• Develop, implement and maintain revenue accounting process, systems and internal controls to
• ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Implement and maintain aviation industry regulations, bilateral agreements and alliance with
• business partners related to revenue accounting &management.
• Ensure quality control of processed revenue Accounting and reference data maintenance to
• ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensuring compliance on new updates and publications related to revenue accounting
• management issued by IATA.
• Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for managing and authorizing
• passengers' refunds.
• Responsible for month-end closing processes to include reconciling various G/L accounts,
• reviewing journal entries and preparing financial reports, for both internal and external reporting
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of end-to-end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting
• aspects by providing reliable solutions and responses.
• Provide support to internal and external Auditors in all assignments related to revenue
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant
authorities Tanzania Commission for University (CU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
The application letters should be directed to, the following address:
• Managing Director and CEO,
• Air Tanzania Company Limited,
• P.O.Box 543,
• DAR ES SALAAM
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.