Jobs at:Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide key insights and reports on financial data to Finance and senior business leadership to
• enable effective decision making.
• Work with internal stakeholders to drive implementation of internal controls for financial
• reporting processes to ensure quality.
• Lead, engage and motivate the team to ensure delivery against targets and objectives.
• Operational employee relations to ensure pay accuracy and queries are resolved timeously.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with external stakeholders (e.g. auditors).
• Engage with Financial Manager and Financial Systems Expert to promote compliance as per group
• and operation requirements.
• Collaborate with peers within and outside of function to ensure smooth work execution and increase own effectiveness.
• Lead the Finance Accounting team and drive operating discipline related to the Sage Finance
• Accounting processes.
• Support timely and accurate consolidation of the 3-Year Budget, and monthly forecasts at
• Operation level if required.
• Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
• Oversee daily accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting of
• financial data across all relevant Sage Finance processes. Provide accounting expertise and skills to the operation advising on accounting solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation
• Provide approvals, leadership and guidance to Accounting processes in the capacity as defined by the financial accounting procedures. Processes include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Intercompany Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Company Tax accounting, Payroll Accounting and Employee Expense Management Accounting and general financial administration.
• Lead and drive the Finance team to achieve period end close processes according to set metrics
• and timelines.
• Ensure timely and accurate review, submission and payment of taxation and royalties
• Supervise the application of the internal controls framework for financial data entry and
• Engagement & Communication: Engage internal and external stakeholders on Financial Accounting
• related matters, and support the operation on Financial Accounting related engagement.
• Engagement & Communication: Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the operation.
• Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation, Audit: Ensure that all financial reporting is aligned with
• standards, guidelines and schedules.
• Monitor and evaluate performance against established strategies, frameworks, systems and
• programmes, and identify and advise on opportunities for improvement to provide assurance to the Finance Manager and Financial Systems Expert. Maintain master data integrity through checks and approvals on data requests, communicate, review and approve master data request, monitor and ensure team alignment to Internal Controls
• in compliance with Group requirements.
• Asset management and keeping the fixed asset register up to date.
• Lead, coach and enable team members to ensure delivery against performance targets. Influence
• and shape the culture of the team to encourage a disciplined and sustainable approach to work.
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
• Com Degree Financial Accounting or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years accounting experience with accounting and Payroll systems experience.
• Payroll Systems Knowledge and Accounting Systems experience - AccPace will be advantages
• Advantageous: Completed Articles at registered Professional Auditors, eg. ACCA, NBAA, CIMA
• Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced)
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Swahili
• Possession of a valid driving license.
• Other required Skills and Competencies:
• Managerial team working, context setting and planning:
• Just-in-time and just-within-quality task assignment;
• Personal effectiveness appraisal, coaching the reward and recognition review;
• Mentoring, individual career development, selection;
• Talent pool planning and development;
• Cross-functional control and integration.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 20th June, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
• Human Resources Manager,
• Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
• P.O. Box 23,
• Mwadui- Shinyanga.
Or drop the same through the following email, firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please complete an external job application form available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies)
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy(2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry, and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.