Deadline of this Job:
Monday, September 25 2023
Date Posted: Monday, September 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Enabel in Tanzania is seeking to recruit a dynamic and competent individual to fill the vacancies for the position of Financial Controller.
Experience sought is mainly in Accounting, Finance and Grants.
The person is responsible for ensuring quality of financial information to allow decision-making and contribute to efficiency and effectiveness with which operations are conducted which must lead to the achievement of the objectives of the Projects.
The duty station for this vacancy is Dar es Salaam.
The FC are reporting to the Responsible Administration and Finance.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• You ensure verification and support to the preparation of budgetary planning and monitoring in order to allow for qualitative budget management.
• You ensure follow-up of treasury operations in order to ensure that suppliers/ beneficiaries are paid correctly and in due time.
• You control the reporting on Grant Agreements in order to ensure expenditure is in compliance with the Grant Agreements.
• You analyse fiduciary risks, follow up the internal control and audit action plans in order to put the risks in the spotlight and minimize the impact.
• You lead the team in order to have qualified and motivated staff.
• You build capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
Any specialism in the diploma:
• Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, Grants Management or any other related Financial Management Courses.
• MUST be a Qualified Accountant with any one of the professional accounting certifications e.g. CPA, ACCA,
• A Post Graduate degree in Financial Management is an added advantage.
• Specific competences or knowledge required:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Management in a reputable organisation or in Development Entity.
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Grants Management and donor funds.
Required skills and knowledge :
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
• Knowledge in Financial Management policies and procedures, budget management and financial analysis.
• Knowledgeable about the management of grants, donor funds and capacity building of grantees.
• Familiar in using an ERP-Financial Management tool.
• Knowledge in Public Financing regulations, taxation and PPDA
• Good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, PPT etc)
• Knowledgeable in audit preparation and execution of audit feedback
• Skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach
• Exhibit leadership skills in managing teams.
• Respect and can build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
• Show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
• Flexible and can work in a changing environment.
• Has experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management.
• Experience in working with Government officials, private sector, CSOs and workers’ organisations is of an added advantage.
You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel: https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.