Floating Lodge Accountant
Jobs at:Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 01 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client, a Hospitality Company is looking for a qualified candidate with excellent administrative and analytical financial skills to join the team. As a Floating Lodge Accounting Officer, you play a pivotal role in our financial management, demonstrating an independent mindset and ensuring the correct authorization and allocation of business expenditures.
To ensure success, the Floating Lodge Accountant should be very detail-oriented and be problem-solvers. He/she must also have strong mathematical and report writing skills.
• Correct authorization and allocation of business expenditure.
• Demonstrate and lead with an independent mind that is capable of questioning the need/requirement for proposed business expenditure and/or to consider that the determined value is reasonable, fair and within acceptable market ranges.
• Timely and accurate recording of transactions, whether on the Panstrat system or within manual systems such that transactions are recorded on a day to day basis.
• Prepare supplier payment requests.
• Interpretation and analysis of management accounts.
• Assist with payroll preparation and reconciliations.
• Collation and resolution of general ledger queries.
• Resolve all queries on balance sheet reconciliation·
• Manage and update stock sheets.
• Meeting certain non-negotiable finance deadlines.
• Provide timely feedback on management accounts to the Regional Finance Manager.
• Driving monthly finance meetings to discuss financial performance – feedback of these meetings to be communicated to the Regional Finance Manager.
• Oversee and assist in the compiling of budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Assist lodge managers/ Director with queries.
• Assisting with year-end audit.
• Reconciling various accounts including clearing accounts and inter lodge transactions.
• Manage and supervise all reports to ensure that their duties are performed in line with output requirements expected of the Accounting Officer.
Internal control environment & safeguarding of company assets and resources:
• Maintaining stock control procedures.
• Actively assist with month-end stock takes.
• Actively monitor, formulate and updating the internal controls within the lodge and conduct documented internal audits and spot checks where necessary.
• Actively practice the principle of professional skepticism on a day-to-day basis.
• A duty to investigate and follow up any occurrence or suspected occurrences where the company has or may suffer losses.
• Maintain a duty to ensure that company assets are, properly recorded, safeguarded and cared for by those responsible for their custody.
• Take full responsibility of petty cash, mobile wallets, company bank accounts.
• Perform regular audits on safari shop systems and processes.
• Reviewing that expenditure is kept in line with budge.
• Ensure that accurate documentation is kept on record Training.
• Assist all staff with Pan Strat.
• Assisting and training the lodge staff members in accounting principles.
• Review and train Front of House systems.
• Finance degree or relevant qualification (preferences will be given to candidates with a CPA).
• 3-4 years’ of working experience.
• Microsoft Office Computer literate - Excel basics are essential.
• PanStrat experience preferable.
• Fluent in English (oral and written).
• Analysis and problem solving.
• Critical thinking – always maintain a high level of professional skepticism.
• Independent and confident to ask and/or question costs or decision.
• Attention to detail.
• Teamwork / collaboration.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good communication skills.
• Patience is a must.
• Result orientated and deadline driven.
• Sound Ethical standards.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.