Fundraising and Communications Manager
Jobs at:TATU Project
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, August 20 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
The communication & fundraising department
TATU Project is an organization that depends on its own funding activities as well as external funding. The main point of our strategy is to have a variety of sources of income and try to be as sustainable as possible.
The F&C manager will work closely with the project managers and the communication staff, liaise with our partners and collaborate with our team members from all around the world. The manager will support the everyday operations related with external communication and fundraising activities.The F&CManager objectives are: effectively lead, manage, coordinate and monitor all fundraising and external communication activities in the organization in order to enable and ensure smooth functioning and increase funding.The F&C Manager is also responsible for managing the Communication & Fundraising team of volunteers.
• Generate wider awareness of TATU Project through the development and implementation of an integrated communications and fundraising strategy which incorporates digital marketing, corporate fundraising, direct mail, legacy fundraising and other methods.
• Liaise effectively with the CEO and staff, the Board of Directors, supporters, suppliers and the media in achieving the fundraising and communication objectives of the NGO.
• Maintain office and fundraising accounting procedures through the daily management of TATU Project CRM Database – recording donations, new associates, TATU volunteers network…
• Manage and support interns working for the F&C department on different projects and tasks
• Represent TATU Project in networking events and online platforms to expand the network and create more visibility to our projects
• Contribute to new team members’ inductions around the role of F&C and keep the team informed on progress, results on a regular basis
• Participate in TATU Project’s internal activities
• Production of communications materials, press releases and online content, as well as the marketing campaigns that exist in the calendar of activities for TATU Project.
• Maintain all social media portals and the TATU Project website to continuously engage supporters, donors and friends of the organization and develop meaningful connections.
• Management of all the Corporate Communication of the organization.
• Coordinate the team in contributing quality content to newsletters and annual reports and publish newsletters and annual reports regularly, according to the calendar
• Recruit and manage interns to support with the ta
• Reach out to potential donors, partners or other relevant stakeholders to expand TATU Project’s network
• Brainstorm and research new ways to create visibility around our work and to communicate to our partners and network, to continue stimulating participation and contribution to our work
• Maintain regular communications and acknowledgments to donors, partners and other relevant members of TATU Project’s network to keep them informed and engaged and to express gratefulness
• Continue to develop the corporate fundraising potential of the organization, which is a substantial area of growth for TATU Project.
• Be responsible for the fundraising strategy and calendar of events that will support the TATU Project.
• Engage in researching, identifying and testing new ideas in addition to the fundraising calendar of events and continuously develop the NGO’s fundraising strategy.
• Grant applications
• Initiate and coordinate fundraising initiatives and projects to reach TATU Project’s fundraising goals
• Annual review of fundraising objectives and results, analyze results and suggest adjustments to the fundraising strategy for the next year
• Brainstorm and research new fundraising strategies, platforms and opportunities for TATU Project, support ambassadors in the world with materials they need and with moral support
It Is Essential For You To Have
• Experience in communication and fundraising for the not-for-profit or commercial sector.
• Working knowledge of publishing software for graphics design, video-editing and production.
• Excellent knowledge of fundraising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; public relations; prospect research; donor relations and stewardship.
• Good computer skills and database management experience.
• Interpersonal/verbal communication
• A proficient level of English, written and oral. Knowledge in spanish language can be an added advantage
• Good experience in proposal writing.
• Comfortable with online platforms (ie canva/mailchimp/wordpress).
• Capacity of long-term vision to ensure the sustainability of the department.
It Is Desirable For You To Have
• Ability to work on own initiative and work to deadlines.
• Sensitive and responsive to core values gender, equity, culture, traditions and justice within the communication of the NGO.
• Experience with international non-profits
• Long term contract desirable from 2 years
• Flight, insurance and personal expenses on site are at the charge of the employee.
• Accommodation in the NGO house for no fees – can be a shared room depending on occupancy rate (it fluctuates!)
• All work related costs, such as transport to the community & communications will be covered by the NGO
• 10,000,000 Tzs annual salary.
• 20 days annual paid leave
• Paid parental and sick leaves
• Availability: As soon as possible
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
TATU Project is an equal employment opportunity, qualified Tanzania Nationals or citizens are highly encouraged to apply. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “C&F manager job application”.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.