Gender Youth Equity and Social Inclusion (GYESI) Specialist
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The GYESI specialist will work closely with the COP, DCOP and technical team to ensure that gender, youth, equity and social inclusion aspects are incorporated, well-developed, and progress in all technical activities, particularly communications activities that promote social behavior change. This role will also ensure the project team members are familiar with gender inclusion and provide any necessary trainings – both to staff as well as relevant stakeholders – to imbue the philosophy and skillset of incorporating gender throughout the project lifecycle. The person will also work closely with the MEL Specialist in order to capture efforts of gender and youth inclusion as part of a learning agenda or learning questions, as well as any relevant project indicators.The position will be based in Dar, Tanzania with some travel required to the project areas. The position will report to the Chief of Party.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight, and integration of GYESI approaches across program activities.
• Use GYESI analysis to purposefully engage youth, women, and marginalized groups in all activities and result areas.
• Develop and lead the implementation of the project’s Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) and Social inclusion strategy and action plan, including the adaptation and development of tools and approaches to support the strategy and action plan.
• Work with senior project management to raise awareness and capacity of project staff on issues related to GYESI, and to expand gender content of the project.
• Identify target groups through social assessments, ensure participatory approaches are used and social mapping is conducted and that the involved stakeholders understand the importance of such assessments.
• Engage CSOs and local and national youth networks to integrate women and youth in corridor forums and in LUP design and implementation.
• Work closely with project staff to build their understanding of gender and youth issues. Facilitate GYESI training and develop and/or adapt training content.
• Support the integration of GYESI activities within the work plan; GYESI specific tools in work planning to promote gender balance in the project implementation.
• Support development of GYESI sensitive behavior change communication activities and messages. Write blogs, articles and success stories related to the GYESI work being done.
• Work closely with M&E team to ensure that GYESI considerations are reflected in M&E plan, frameworks, and reports to assess whether the GYESI objectives are being met. Support the tracking and maintenance of any GYESI performance indicators.
• Support the project partners in mainstreaming GYESI in their policies, management systems and programs and provide training and education in implementing the policies.
• Lead a GYESI assessment for the project, including desk review, coordination with all stakeholders, key informant interviews, focus group discussions and report writing.
• Gender Youth Equity and Social Inclusion (GYESI) Specialist Job Vacancy at RTI International
• Master’s degree in social sciences, preferably sociology, social development, conservation and natural resource management, or gender studies and at least 6 years of relevant experience; or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience.
• Prior experience designing and implementing gender plans for projects. USAID or other donor-funded experience preferred.
• Prior experience working in the integration of gender and youth considerations in conversation and natural resource management projects preferred.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with donors, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, community groups, and other program partners and stakeholders.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, guide, and implement work with demonstrated experience in mainstreaming GYESI
• Proven experience leading the gender development and planning for a donor-funded program of this size and geographic expansion.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/gender-youth-equity-and-social-inclusion-gyesi-specialist-6022?src=JB-10203
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.