Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Friday, November 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Barrick Africa Middle East Team is seeking to recruit a Geological Technician to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
• Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
• Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
• Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
• Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
• Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
• Committing to Zero Harm
• Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
• All incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time.
• Assist with any other accident investigation when required.
• Commitment to identification, notification and/or rectification of all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace
• 90% of peers believe that you add value to their work.
• Contribute actively, think critically, support peers during daily and weekly production and planning meetings.
• Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents.
• 10% reduction of the drilling cost by managing the storage, distribution and use of drilling supplies and equipment
• Daily checking and preparation of drill sites to avoid rigs standby
• Daily monitoring of the ore stockpiles in underground
• Maintain sampling at a high standards and ongoing basis operate field equipment.
• Maintain high standard of record keeping of activities of other Technician and Assistants
• Ensuring the drill samples are collected in accordance with the SOP including recording of all required information and routine quality assurance and quality control practices.
• Facilitate the timely picking-up of drilling samples from the pits and subsequent dispatch to the laboratory.
• Sort, store and retrieve pulp and coarse rejects samples.
• Report oil and diesel spills and leaking equipment
• Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety consumables is always available.
• Carry out mark out to the required standard for mining.
• Perform ore spotting.
• Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities.
• Assist with and participate in training programs for the development of all Geological Technicians and Assistants
• Control and maintain the daily blending strategy and direct and record ore trucks onto appropriate stockpile.
• Accurate recording of daily production
• Update of mining faces on dig plans
• Mark out / label stockpiles as well updating faces on map.
• Perform geological and / or face mapping producing maps to the standard required for mining plans.
• Accurate geological logs of drill holes
• Accurate measure location of blast movement balls before and after blasting
• Accurate update of geological database
• Diploma or Certificate in Geology or Tertiary in Geological Technician
• Knowledge in data entry software’s
• Driver’s license and pit/mine driving permit
Experience and competencies needed
• 3-5 years’ experience in mine and exploration geology, 1 years’ experience in operational leadership role
• Experience in managing Geology consumables and costs.
• The ability to coach, mentor and train Geology staff to assume higher positions of responsibility.
• Familiar with the mining environment and its associated hazards
• Actively recognizes and manages hazards in their working environment.
• Able to drive a 4X4 light vehicle according to LV standard operating procedure.
• Able to learn rapidly from attempts, building positive experience.
• Co-ordinated with a big picture focus but also an eye for detail
• Able to investigate, inform and influence without intimidating or instructing.
• Values leadership, working across knowledge fields and parallel processing of different options.
• Values developing people in their team to reach their potential.
• Demonstrated ability to identify where and how to use various methods with team members with some examples of systems development.
• Demonstrated Systemic development and implementation.
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.