Deadline of this Job:
Friday, August 11 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics seeks a Grant Officer for the USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari Activity. The USAID Heshimu Bahari Activity is part of the U.S. government’s biodiversity and climate change conservation portfolio in Tanzania. This will incorporate a series of interventions that support and strengthen the capacity for biodiversity conservation and climate adaptation in a manner that
i) Reduces the use of illegal and unsustainable fishing;
ii) Improves the governance and management of coastal land and seascapes; and
iii) Improves policy development and capacity to implement policies. These interventions together will reduce threats to marine and coastal biodiversity in Tanzania while moving Tanzanian institutions further on their journey to self-reliance. The Activity has four integrated objectives:
• Strengthening the enabling framework for a network of Marine Management Areas (MMAs) and Fishery Replenishment Zones (FRZs) to support biodiversity conservation, climate resilient communities, and sustainable wild-caught fisheries.
• Community co-management of MMAs/wild-caught fisheries and climate resilience strengthened.
• Private sector investment in MMAs and wild-caught fisheries expanded.
• Integration of relevant science to MMA and fisheries policy and management improved
The Grants and Subcontracts Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial management, and accountability requirements associated with the implementation of grants under the project, with additional support to subcontracts as needed. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with local and regional travel as needed.
• Supports the grants and subcontracts manager in the administration of the Activity’s grants program
• Oversee the day-to-day management of grants, including drafting grant packages, monitoring grantees’ implementation, and closing out grants
• Ensures compliance with corporate procurement policies and all federal acquisition regulations, including FAR, AIDAR, and ADS, for all grant agreements and subcontracting arrangements
• Supports in all processes related to solicitation, review, award, implementation, and close-out processes for grant and subcontract activities
• Supports the process of obtaining VAT exemptions and claims as per USAID guidance
• Provide assistance to grantees as required, during grant negotiation, implementation, and closeout
• Conduct monitoring field visits to the project sites and grantees sites to ensure the activities are implemented in accordance with the project objectives, Chemonics and USAID regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned by the grants and subcontract manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social sciences or a related field
• Minimum 10 years' experience in the administration of contracts/grants for international development projects
• Familiarity with donor and/or international non-governmental organizations’ procurement policies (USAID strongly preferred), regulations and/or grant management procedures
• Experience working in Tanzania strongly preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Fluency in English required, fluency in Kiswahili preferred
Period of Performance: On/about August 31, 2023, through the life of project.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit applications using this link. Applications will be reviewed through August 11th, 2023. Early applications strongly encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.