HME Section Leader
Jobs at:North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one candidate to join the Engineering team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the overall strategy, planning, execution and compliance of all maintenance activities within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Engineering Manager.
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
• Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
• Ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
• Developing and managing maintenance strategy in order to achieve operational objectives, particularly, maintaining high equipment availability and reliability.
• Determining the preventative maintenance and repair requirements of the mobile equipment fleet.
• Identifying, implementing and reviewing equipment strategies, including quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of all results.
• Preparing the longer-term training program to keep all maintenance personnel up-to date in technical upgrades and improvements to maintenance techniques.
• Ensuring continuous improvement using condition monitoring techniques and defect elimination.
• Ensuring that required workshop tools, work procedures and inventory spare parts are managed.
• Budget preparation and control during the execution of repair and maintenance activities.
• Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
• Maintenance, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of machines.
• End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
• Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
• Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
• Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
• Lead accident/incident investigations.
• Appropriate Mechanical trade certification is mandatory.
• Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous.
• Not less than 10 years’ experience in heavy mobile equipment maintenance, or equivalent experiences, of which 5 years must be at Supervisory level.
• Experience with Caterpillar and Komatsu Haul trucks, Shovels, Excavators, Loaders, Dozers and Graders.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, SAP.
• Self-motivated and strong work ethics.
• Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
• Driving ability.
What We Can Offer You:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 18th June, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.