Head, Finance and Administration Division
Jobs at:African Union Commission - AUC
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ensure the development and implementation of financial, accounting, budgetary and administrative management policies, strategies, procedures and optimize the use of human resources of the Court.
• Under the overall supervision of the President of the Court, and under the direct supervision of the Registrar, the Head, Finance and Administration Division will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop management policies, strategies and procedures, monitor their implementation, review their relevance and take appropriate measures to optimize management of resources of the Court.
• Coordinate and supervise the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the budget of the Court.
• Coordinate and supervise all accounting transactions, the periodic production of management accounts and financial statements, activity reports and programme management reports.
• Promote best management systems and practices, develop internal controls, as well as ensure transparency and the obligation to justify expenditure.
• Ensure the proper application of the Financial Rules and Regulations, Staff Regulations and Rules of the African Union and policies and procedures of management established by the Court.
• Oversee the timely payment of salaries, allowances, entitlements to members and Staff of the Court, payments to suppliers and other service providers, leveraging suitable technology and simplifying accounting processes.
• Liaise and consult with oversight bodies (the Board of External Auditors, African Union Commission and the Court’s Offices of Internal Audit Services), ensure implementation of their recommendations as appropriate through recommendations for changes in policy and/or work procedures.
• Ensure and guarantee the optimal management of human resources of the Court, among others, organize efficient actions of recruitment, training, annual performance evaluation and administrative staff, in order to have continuously competent and motivated staff.
• Coordinate and oversee the management of procurement, stores, travel and transport services of the Court in accordance with AU procedures, financial rules and regulations.
• Oversee and coordinate the activities of administrative services in order to provide required services to the Court.
• Oversee the delivery of the required IT services to the Court.
• Coordinate and direct the day-to-day work and activities of the entire Division.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Applicants must have:
• Education qualification
• University Master’s degree in Accounting or in Finance or in Management or in related fields.
• A relevant qualification in Human Resource Management or in Administration or in related fields, or a relevant professional qualification in Finance or in Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Work experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years relevant professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
• Having experience in public relations, procurement and transport issues will be an added advantage.
• Required skills and knowledge
• Leadership and management skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Negotiation, interpersonal, analytical and reporting skills
• Ability to work effectively with people from various background, capacity to motivate teams, to develop others and ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems and standards
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
• Computer literacy (including good knowledge of ERP-SAP and/or SAP S4 Hana).
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish). Good knowledge of at least one other language above-mentioned will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.au.int/job/Tanzania-Deputy-Registrar/738175202/#
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.