Head of Finance
Jobs at:Bank of India
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Bank
Bank of India is a leading Public sector Bank in India and completed 114 years in 2020. It has network of over 5000 Branches in India and 60 Overseas Branch/Offices across the globe in all important centres .Bank of India (Tanzania) Ltd, is a fully owned subsidiary of Bank of India, is now looking for experience, energetic and committed Tanzanian to fill up the following Senior Positions at Bank of India (T) Ltd. .
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, or related field with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
• Must be Registered with National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA).
• Should have at least five years working experience of working in Finance Dept preferably in a Bank or Financial Institution.
• Proven computer skills using spreadsheets and accounting software packages.
• Good communication Skills, Written and Oral, Strong analytical skills and ability to influence and mobilize customers
• Good knowledge and experience of accounting and banking practice, knowledge of taxation, IFRS and the regulatory frameworks within the region.
• To Report to the Managing Director/General Manager
• Responsible for Planning & setting of Business Budgets of Bank.
• To submit All MIS to BOT, Parent Bank, MD, BOD and other statutory bodies.
• To prepare and be responsible for submission of various reports/Financial statements/Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss accounts as per the Regulations to various regulatory Authorities and to Managing Director,Internal & External Auditor, BOI- HO or any other agency.
• Publishing of periodical statements in the newspaper.
• Printing and updating of daily GLB/Multicurrency and consolidated report for both branches for submission of the same to Head Office and Branches.
• Remittance of TRA dues like Withholding Taxes, VAT, Excise duty, stamp duty and reconciliation of TRA Accounts and submission of the relevant returns to the authorities within the time frame.
• Deduction and Remittance of dues to NSSF/PSSSF and preparation and submission of NSSF/PSSSF returns on monthly basis.
• To ensure timely payment of Salaries for all staff, deduction of government taxes and statutory obligations like PAYE, SDL and submission of the relevant taxes to the authorities within the time framework.
• Keep the Managing Director well informed about all Financial and Accounting matters.
• To liaise/coordinating with Statutory Auditors, Tax auditors (Internal and External), BOT officials, tax consultancy and Government Authorities on the issue of regulatory matters.
• Canvassing business for the Bank.
• To perform Administrative and other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates may apply for abovementioned vacancy so as to reach us on or before 15.04.2021. Candidates are required to submit their detailed and updated CV including information regarding date of birth, educational qualification & work experience, name and addresses of three referees and attached certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of Last Salary Slip and expected gross salary.
Please note importantly that; canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification/rejection. Interested Candidates May Apply to:
The Managing Director
Bank of India (T) Ltd
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 April 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.