Head of Finance
Jobs at:Bank of Africa
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Finance
Location: Head Office Reporting to Managing Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manage the Bank’s Finance function in accordance with the established professional standards, policies and procedures and give a general strategic and operational guidance on all financial matters of the bank to continuously improve the financial Position of the bank.
Scope of Duties:
• Coordinating the planning and preparation of the bank’s strategic business plan.
• Develop, cascade and monitor the implementation of financial strategy and work plans/Activity plans aligned to the overall bank strategy.
• Develop performance measures that support the bank’s strategic direction and champion the achievement of revenue targets on interest income and off-balance sheet earnings through continuous monitoring of business performance and profitability performance mechanisms in line with the bank ‘s overall strategy.
• Provide strategic support and directives to various business offices within the bank during Audits by regulatory authorities/external Auditors. Review the findings and recommendations made by the internal & external auditors and drive adherence to internal and external policies to meet compliance requirements of the bank and regulatory authorities.
• Oversight of compliance with corporate and country financial reporting practices.
• Prepare, present and interpret financial reports to Management, Board of Directors, shareholders and to direct and supervise preparation of all financial reporting.
• Managing communications with the bank’s Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, and other stakeholders on financial matters.
• Oversight of the bank’s financial transaction recording process In line with generally accepted accounting principles
• Development, improvement and oversight of revenue and expenditure consistency checks and balances that promote performance management
• Management of cost benefit analyses on investment and financing proposal
• Participation in credit risk and market risk management processes
• Provision of tax planning and compliance expertise
• Overall development of the Finance function within the bank and adaptation to needs of changing environment with process improvements.
• Train, motivate and manage performance of the finance team to enhance staff productivity thorough daily supervision of the team’s activities, feedback and provision of leadership in line with the policies
• Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of the Bank.
• A degree in Accounting, Finance and/ or Business
• Full qualification in a professional accounting course – ACCA or CPA
• Solid computer competency in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Word, and PowerPoint, knowledge of accounting packages desired.
• Minimum of five years of post-qualification experience two of which should be at senior management level
• Must be a person of integrity, proactive, a quick thinker, analytical and ready to adhere to the highest professional standards
• Fluency in oral and written English is required, knowledge of French is added advantage.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong strategic and conceptual skills
• Leadership and team management skills
• Customer centricity
• Solid business acumen and financia I skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid planning and project management skills
• Enterprise risk management skills
• Strong decision-making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Supplier relations and negotiation skills
• Networking skills, tact and diplomacy; with ability to influence key people inside and outside the Bank
• Very strong presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build internal and external networks
• Ability to work under pressure, and exercise excellent judgment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications and copies of certificates should be submitted to Human Resources department by end of 08th October 2021 through;
THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA
NDC DEVELOPMENT HOUSE
OHIO / KIVUKONI STREET
P.O Box 3054
DAR ES SALAAM
Or through email: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.