Head of Legal Services
Jobs at:Yetu Microfinance
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Yetu Microfinance Bank Plc is a fast growing microfinance bank in Tanzania, it operating with three branches and sixteen connected financial service centre. The bank is known for its unique and distinct way of creating a conducive banking environment, where the expectations of our stakeholders, customers and employees can be fulfilled.
Yetu Microfinance Bank is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on to fill the job vacancies below….
Position: Head of Legal Services
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible to ensure the Company complies with laws and regulation of the country and provide advice to management and Board on legal matters as well as protect and defend the Company from legal liabilities. Ensure that criminal cases are properly handled at police and court levels. .
• Responsible for filing returns to various authorities in accordance to legal and regulatory requirements;
• Preparing, executing and filing of the Company’s Annual Returns, Returns of Allotment of Shares, Forms of termination and appointment of Directors and Secretaries
• Preparing, executing and filing of the Company’s Annual Returns, Returns of Allotment of Shares, Forms of termination and appointment of Directors and Secretaries;
• Updating the Company’s MEMARTS and files the amendments together with its approved Resolution with the Registrar of Companies
• Draft security documents and ensure they are properly executed and filed with the Registrar of Companies after approvals;
• Research on the new laws and prepare a quarterly report on changes on legislations and submit to the Management and the Board;
• Provide advice and legal opinion on legal and governance matters to management and Board meetings;
• Notify Management and Board on relevant legislations and implications to the internal policies and procedures and to the business in general
• Advise Management and Board on changes that will need to be made to comply with new legislations
• Provide advice and legal opinion on legal and governance matters to management and Board meetings
• Follow up on shareholder’s resolutions and Board directives and provide feedback
• Organize Annual General Meetings, write and keep minutes of the board and Annual General Meeting
• Take custody of shareholder’s registry at bank’s level
• Prepare procedures for the prevention and resolution of disputes and ensure the Company interests are adequately addressed;
• Provide legal protection and risk management advise to management particularly relating to contracts management
• Timely and accurately prepare and register security documents
• Act as the Bank’s legal counsel and main representative in all legal matters concerning the Bank.
• Manage the Legal team’s performance develop and implement plans to ensure productivity and efficiency.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least a Bachelor Degree in Law and Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania. Possession of a Master’s degree in law or Business Administration will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Law with an intense background in litigation, police work experience is an advantage.
• Understanding of BOT and CMSA Regulations, DSE Rules, Employment & Labour Relations Act.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.