Health Commodity Financing Analyst
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, August 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 3,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
The Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) Technical Assistance – Tanzania program is designed to strengthen country supply systems for priority health areas in coordination with the Government of Tanzania (GoT) and other development partners. GHSC assists the GoT through four key project objectives: strategic planning and implementation, in-country logistics, stakeholder engagement, and strengthening of the enabling environment for supply chains.
As a member of Abt’s technical team working under the supervision of the Guidehouse management team, as the Health Commodity Financing Analyst, you are responsible for the implementation of technical assistance activities focusing on strengthening the financing of priority health commodities.
• Serve as the project lead for all activities relating to the financing for health commodities, including needs identification, resource mobilization and allocation, and routine monitoring of commodity supply chain financing interventions.
• Provide technical assistance to government partners in Tanzania mainland in the implementation of health commodities revolving funds, and the mentoring of public health care facility staff in its use.
• Provide technical assistance to government partners in Tanzania mainland in the use of a new updated formula for allocating funds for health commodities.
• Analyze Ministry of Health (MoH) annual budgets in Tanzania mainland to determine trends in the allocation of funds to health commodities procurement and supply chain management activities.
• Lead the digitalization of updated formulas used to allocate funds to health commodity procurement in mainland Tanzania.
• Document the impact of health financing initiatives on supply chain of health commodities key and lessons learned through project interventions.
• Participate in project planning, timely submission of technical reports and deliverables.
• Serve as technical point person with government and other stakeholders in communications and project activities related to health commodity and supply chain financing.
• Work with Abt home office staff to identify and recruit consultants to support health financing activities.
• Manage in-country consultants recruited by Abt and provide technical review of deliverables produced by consultants.
What We Value
• Bachelor’s degree + 9 years, master’s degree + 7 years, or Ph.D. + 4 years of relevant experience
• Advanced degree in public health, business administration, pharmaceutical or other relevant field – Master is preferred.
• At least 7 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a government or donor-supported project environment.
• Strong knowledge of commodities supply chain management in the Tanzania context.
• Experience in using/applying costing models/tools.
• Experience in direct technical assistance to government staff at national and district levels.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks, and work in close collaboration with other project team members.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, initiative, and good judgment.
• Advanced written/oral skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.