Internal Auditor I
Jobs at:State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, February 11 2024
Date Posted: Monday, January 29 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state-owned entity established in 1972 under the Public Corporation Act, 1969 through the State Mining Corporation Establishment Order No. 163 of 1972 as amended by GN. 171 of 2015. The Corporation is responsible for investing in the mining sector through the entire mineral value chain from mineral prospecting, mining, processing and mineral trading. The Corporation operates mines and provides services in management of mining, drilling, environment and other related business. It is also responsible for supporting small scale mining sector in Tanzania.
STAMICO is purely commercial entity which operates in business norms on equal competitive environment along with private companies. In order to effectively and efficiently discharge its mandate, the Corporation wishes to advertise Transfer Vacancies from suitably qualified Tanzania Public Servants who wish to be transferred to STAMICO as follows: -
INTERNAL AUDITOR I (1 Post)
Required Qualifications and Experience
older of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Accountancy or Auditing or Finance or Business Administration (majoring in Accountancy, Auditing. Finance or any related field from any recognized University/institution. The candidate must possess CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, CIA or equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA with at least 4 years working experience in related field. Must be computer literate.
Duties and responsibilities
• To participate in carrying out Corporation’s internal auditing;
• To conduct audit on Corporation operations, financial, governance and systems;
• To ensure that financial and internal control system are effective and consistent with corporation financial rule and regulation;
• To ensure that internal audit reports are prepared according audit standard;
• To undertake special check and investigation for audit purpose;
• To assist in preparation of internal audit program;
• To conduct preliminary examination of Joint Venture, subsidiary project in relation to drilling, and mining production;
• To develop individual objectives or targets and performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate supervisor; and
• To perform any other related duties assigned by supervisor.
Remuneration: Salary Scale: SMC 6.1
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with certified certificates. Results slips and provisional results are strictly not accepted.
• Applicants must be Public Servants and shall channel their application through their respective employers.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies must be certified by appropriate body (NECTA, NACTVET or TCU).
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• Applicants should indicate their willingness to cover the transfer cost.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants must submit their application to email@example.com not later than 11 February 2024.
State Mining Corporation,
Mirembe Road. Hazina Plot No. 173, Block ‘W’.
P.O. BOX 981,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.