International Communication Consultant
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a Voice
The Communication Consultant will lead in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the country office’s communication and advocacy campaigns and strategies to address key child rights issues in Tanzania. This includes: Developing donor communications and visibility plans to enhance engagement and partnerships. Create persuasive and impactful communication materials for donors. Support coordination of donor visits and events to showcase UNICEF’s work.
Designing compelling messages and effective communication materials on key advocacy areas including gender transformative programming, corporal punishment, climate change. Editing, formatting and finalization of documents in compliance with the UNICEF style and branding guidelines, simplicity and clarity for an external audience, grammatical accuracy, factual accuracy and coherence
In addition to local/national campaigns, the consultant will ensure that the TCO has an effective process in place for integrating and taking action on UNICEF’s global communications priorities and campaigns, both disseminating these elements in a locally appropriate way, as well as providing/enabling coverage of the work in the country for global use.
How can you make a difference?
1. Develop and implement a communication and visibility plan for key resource partners(Monthly )
• Detailed communication and visibility plan for resource partners
• Content strategy for each month for each strategy
• Monitor and record communication products
2. Develop communication and advocacy strategy for advocacy priority issues including climate change, gender transformative programming, ending child marriage and corporal punishment(monthly)
• Over-arching communication strategy
• Specific communication plan on each advocacy priority
3. Develop and coordinate the production of two four human interest stories(monthly)
• Stories, blog articles, photo essays, videos and up-to-date website page and social media pages
4. Develop and update key messages, programmes and regional briefs(monthly)
• Develop and update key messages and programme/regional briefs for each sector as well as cross-sectoral briefs
5. Develop media products including audiovisual content, press releases and key messages(monthly)
• Key messages and media products developed that position UNICEF as the go-to agency for issues affecting children and young people
To qualify an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in, Journalism, Public Relations
• Minimum of 8 years of proven experience (both at national and international levels) in communication (advocacy, print, broadcast, and/or new media) demonstrating creative and powerful story telling is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including initiative, flexibility and drive for results
• Track record in crafting and implementing communication and advocacy strategies is required.
• A strong track record of crafting clear, inspiring, and persuasive stories about complex concepts with attention to detail and excellent writing and editing skills are required.
• Strong communicator with emphasis on being able to present complex policy ideas in succinct, engaging ways including through campaign narratives and creative contents.
• Visual design skills to make visually appealing communication materials including websites, social media, newsletters, and other platforms is an asset.
• Video editing skills is an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.