National Advocacy Support Lead
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 12 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role:
The National Advocacy Support Lead is a pivotal role, reporting to the Global Campaigns Director, that will provide advocacy thought leadership and expertise to WaterAid teams across the organisation to scale up the impact of our influencing and achieve our ambition. It will work closely with country teams and experts within and outside WaterAid to provide bespoke influencing advice and support to successful advocacy within country programmes. It will also provide advocacy thought leadership and expertise to WaterAid teams across the federation.
You will also:
• Provide sustained expert advocacy advice and support to an identified set of countries to embed and strengthen influencing as part of reorienting programmes in line with country 5-year strategies.
• Design and deliver influencing trainings and workshops for country programme teams.
• Support national influencing strategy planning and review processes.
• Provide quality-control thought leadership to WaterAid’s advocacy work, identifying trends in areas of improvements or weaknesses, and developing and implementing initiatives to address this.
• Lead programmes of advocacy skill-building and peer learning for the organisation
• Extensive experience of delivering impactful advocacy, particularly in African countries
• Political savviness and experience on applying this to advocacy work in order to achieve scale of impact
• Experience in leading advocacy learning programmes
• Willingness to travel extensively – with a significant amount of time spent visiting different WaterAid programme countries
• Ability to navigate complex organisational dynamics, bringing diplomacy and negotiation skills, in order to achieve progress on projects and priorities
Closing date: Applications will close at 23:59 on 12th November 2023. Availability for interview is required from week commencing 20th November 2023. Interviews will be via video-link.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.