Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 31 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The consultancy contract for Technical Assistance (TA) supports the implementation of the Green and Smart Cities SASA programme. Among the objectives of the Green and Smart Cities SASA include (1) promotion of enabling urban environment and enhancing local revenue mobilisation and inclusive urban economic development, (2) strengthening urban resilience and public services to urban poor communities and (3) stimulating a sustainable local economy in the selected cities, creating economic opportunities especially for women and youth.
• To ensure that the office is maintained in an efficient and effective manner;
• To act as PA to the Team Leader and the Project Director.
• Implement sound accounting procedures in accordance with EU rules and regulations.
• Elaborate regular reports on expenditure, cost control and propose remedial measures.
• Provide proper financial documentation for personnel and financial records, and procurements.
• Carry out timely bank reconciliations.
• Provide regular financial reports as stipulated under the EU rules and regulations.
• Recording project expenditures and day-to-day management of the office funds under supervision of the Team Leader.
• Preparation of monthly financial reports;
• Maintaining office equipment, control of office supplies and supervision of office support and cleaning services;
• Control of the office meeting room, support to meetings as necessary;
• Reproduction of documentation and photocopying;
• Distribution and mailing;
• Maintain Project Contacts List;
• Liaison with visiting international experts: assist with arrangement of accommodation, arrivals/departures, office systems;
• OM works for the Team Leader and the Project Director – maintaining diaries, arranging meetings, travel;
• Research of relevant policies and best practice documents and collection of relevant data
• Drafting of background documents, promotional and visibility documents and provision of support in drafting technical reports
• Provision of support to the project team during field missions (site visits, workshops, conferences etc.) including preparatory work and follow-up.
Other tasks will include:
• Preparing letters or translations as needed
• Editing and formatting documents
• Other tasks as indicate
Required Education :
• BA Administration or equivalent/students in last years of study also will be considered
Required Experience :
• Previous experience in EU or other donor funded projects would be considered as advantage
Essential skills and experience :
• Fluency in English and French is a must and an ability to work occasionally in a translation or interpreting role will be an advantage;
• Experience working in an office is important and experience in an office working with international contacts or staff will be an advantage;
• Good computing skills – Fluency in Word and Excel essential;
• Experience with all normal forms of office equipment.
• Diligence, good work ethic, punctuality;
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.