Jobs at:Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, January 27 2024
Date Posted: Friday, January 19 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our principal accountant is a senior-level accountant who leads the accounting department. He or She is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s financial reporting, including preparing annual reports and assuring full compliance. The principal accountant also provides guidance to management on how best to use their resources in order to maximize profitability. This may include recommending ways to cut costs or increase activities in the organisation.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that our world has to do more about the sustainability of the human race and the environment, we want to hear from you.
• Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates performance.
• Plans, directs, organizes, and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
• Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation.
• Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys, or analyses for management.
• Maintains accounting and budget records.
• Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
• Researches, analyses, and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
• Maintain inventories of all office fixed assets, office equipment and supplies and ensure that equipment and fixed assets are insured, properly maintained and damages and losses reported.
• Provides training both orally and in writing on accounting systems, procedures, and practices.
• Prepare monthly financial reports and ensure appropriate coding/allocations.
• Coordinate project audits, including preparation of financial reports and submission of financial support documents.
• Provides technical advice and services to lower-level accountants or other staff with problems, complex issues, or special projects.
• Assist project staff in developing budgets for project activities and processing of budget modification requests.
• Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, theory, and practices.
• Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and techniques.
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications to include main frame systems, personal computers, and general software applications.
• Preferably SAGE 300Advance.
• Skills in excellent communication and interpersonal skills, competent IT skills, solid planning and organization skills, strong numerical skills and attention to details, uphold integrity, team player and leader and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Bachelor’s in business commerce/accounting/finance or other related fields from a recognized University. Professional qualification in accountancy such as CPA or ACCA.
Four years of professional accounting experience in a senior position of a donor funded organization; OR, eight years’ professional accounting experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Applicants must apply online through our homepage where more information is available on required documents and the process. Deadline will be 27th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.