Jobs at:Lake Victoria Fisheries Organization (LVFO)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (P1) (Ref: LVFO/HR/2023/03)
a) Reports to: Principal Human Resource and Administrative Officer
b) Department: Finance and Administration
c) Department Head: Director Finance and Administration
A. Purpose of the Job
To efficiently manage procurement process from identifying suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services and disposal activities in accordance with the law while ensuring value for money is obtained and the organization’s overall operational success.
B. Duties and responsibilities
1. Draw up the LVFO’s Annual Procurement Plan and ensure its timely implementation,
2. Coordinate, monitor and assess implementation of procurement and disposal of assets, policies and guidelines and making appropriate recommendations,
3. Communicate effectively with internal teams, suppliers, and logistics partners to ensure smooth service delivery;
4. Ensure adherence to the LVFO procurement and disposal of assets controls and procedures consistent with the legal and regulatory framework and ethical standards,
5. Monitor supplier performance, address issues, and implement improvement plans;
6. Plan and coordinate logistics, including transportation and distribution of procured goods in collaboration with program heads in the organization;
7. Identify potential risks in the supply chain and implement risk mitigation strategies;
8. Prepare, administer and issue approved contracts in a timely manner;
9. Assist User Departments to prepare Specifications, Statements of Requirements (Bills of Quantities) and Terms of Reference,
10. Prepare hard copies/electronically generated Local Purchase Orders for service providers
11. Prepare contract performance status reports, and maintain accurate and up-to-date procurement and logistics documentation; and
12. Undertake any other closely related assignments as may be directed from time to time.
C. Qualification and working experience
• Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration
• Possession of Professional qualifications in Procurement or Supply Chain management such as CIPS, NEVI or any other related Professional Body is an added advantage
• Membership or affiliation to a relevant National or International accredited procurement and supplies Professional Body is an added advantage.
1. Working experience
• A minimum of Five (5) years’ relevant practical experience in the specific field of procurement for Goods and Services in a reputable organization at a comparable level
• Experience in managing procurement for Donor funded projects is desirable
1. Desired key competencies
• Proficiency in specialized procurement and financial management software applications like SUN system, SAP, or Oracle Financials is essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Desk Items (Advanced spreadsheet knowledge);
• Business environment awareness;
• Demonstrable management capabilities;
• Problem solving skills with high analytical and attention to detail capability;
• Familiarity with procurement software and inventory management systems;
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others (Excellent interpersonal skills);
• Knowledge of international shipping regulations and customs procedures;
• Capacity to innovate, and
• High level of professionalism and ethics.
D. Conditions of employment
The Contract period is for five (5) years renewable once upon satisfactory performance. The first term is subject to a six (6) months’ probation, before confirmation upon satisfactory performance.
An attractive Basic Salary package at P1 scale including monthly Housing and Transport allowance.
2. Fringe Benefits
In addition, this post offers attractive fringe benefits including an installation allowance paid once, plus gratuity paid monthly, a personal medical Insurance, life and personal accident insurance cover.
Eligibility is restricted to candidates from EAC/LVFO Contracting Partner States (The Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania).
F. Language requirement
Proficiency in English language is a necessary requirement.
G. Age Requirement
Must be preferably not more than 55 years’ old
Applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 22nd December 2023 at 17:00hours Local time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.