Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
Jobs at:Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families.
AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position below.... .
Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
JOB TITTLE: Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (1)
REPORTING TO: Program Manager.
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
Purpose of the post
Under the guidedance of and reporting to the Program Manager-PMTCT Global Fund project; the program officer monitoring and evaluation will provide technical support to health facilities in AGPAHI implementing sites. This includes planning and implementation of PMTCT program in AGPAHI supported health facilities located in Lindi, Pwani, Morogoro and Arusha reions.
Monitor program activities at health facility level
• Tracking of all program activities implementation on daily basis by making sure that all PMTCT services are properly documented and reported according to the work plan in collaboration with health care workers and other program staff
• Ensures routine data collection both quantitative and qualitative for routine program tracking
• Provision of routine constructive feedback on program performance towards the target in both AGPAHI and sub grantees.
• Ensure provision of weekly program performance report to AGPAHI management for review and program performance monitoring.
Monitoring and evaluation capacity building to health care workers at the supported health facilities.
• Train HCWs at the supported health facilities on M&E techniques, and strengthen and encourage the data use for decision making process.
Reports collection, compilation, and submission to AGPAHI, donors and other stakeholders;
• Support the health care workers to make sure that all Daily, Weekly and Quarterly reports are submitted to AGPAHI, CDC, DACC, RACC and MoHSW (NACP) in time and complete.
• Work closely and provide technical support to DMOs, DRCH coordinators and health facility in-charges in all matters concerning data management and data use for decision making
Reviewing of all reporting tools used by AGPAHI or health facility where necessary
• Critically review data collection tools used at AGPAHI and health facilities as required or wherever necessary.
• Support or provide advice in improving these tools
• Streamline the process of data collection to simplify and fasten the production of reports.
Data entry into the database
• To assure that data entry in the Database at the health facility is done timely, accurate and complete, in collaboration and supporting other field staffs who are involved in this activity.
• To produce several standardized reports from the onsite Databases, DHIS2, DAC tool and DATIM for use in decision making and dissemination of lesson learnt as well as program performance to different stakeholders.
Meeting and workshop to represent AGPAHI
• Participate actively in internal or external meetings concerning M&E activities and as delegated by the Supervisor.
Evaluation and use of data at the field office to inform management of proper decision making process:
• Work with technical staff in setting, monitoring and achieving program goals and targets
• Play a key role in preparing and providing constructive performance based feedback to staffs at AGPAHI, healthcare workers and other stakeholders.
• Reports on regular basis the program implementation achievements, challenges and reasons faced implementation of program activities and advise way forward.
• Reports on quarterly basis the outcome/effect/impact of using data through standardized template and best practice identified in different health facilities.
Participate in operation research, documentation of best practices, and lessons learned activities according to AGPAHI policies and procedures:
• Work closely with technical staff to support research or data analysis and or targeted evaluations; through involvement in proposal development, developing tools for research or data analysis and research techniques.
• Participate in report writing and dissemination of program or research results through abstracts or articles submission in different conferences or peer reviewed journals.
• Develop and document best practices and lessons learned during program implementation at least submit Two best practices or lessons learned per quarter
Qualifications, Skills & Ability:
• Applicant must possess a degree in statistics, health sciences, public health, international health, Sociology or a related discipline. A background in medical sciesnces will be an added advantage.
• Training and work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and the development of M&E tools; preferably of PMTCT interventions or a related field
• Strong data management and analytical skills with experience in using Microsoft Access and Excel.
• Experience with one of the analytical software e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 25nd November 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to email@example.com
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. click here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.