Program Officer – Care and Treatment (Hepatitis B & C)
Jobs at:Ministry of Health
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 23 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Health (MOH) through Global Fund (GF) Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under a three years (1st January, 2024 to 31st December, 2026) contractual agreement to fill the following 123 vacant positions:
5. National Aids, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Hepatitis Control Programme (NASHCOP)
5.13 Job Title: Program Officer – Care and Treatment (Hepatitis B & C) (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head - Care, Treatment and Support Unit (CTSU)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the responses strategic for Viral Hepatitis B and C infected people including co-infected with HIV prevention, care, treatment and support services responses including identification and treatment of viral Hepatitis B and C infected people including risk profiling, initiation on antiviral and monitoring on care.
• Participate in the development and review of short and long-term viral Hepatitis B and C and HIV strategies and oversee the status of implementation.
• Support NASHCOP to coordinate and oversee Viral hepatitis B and C and HIV response for people infected and support clinical management.
• Coordinate, participate and present progress of viral hepatitis B and C services to the clinical sub Committee ad all relevant TWGs.
• Coordinate capacity building activities of HCWs pertaining to Viral hepatitis B and C care.
• In collaboration with Epidemiology and IVD programs coordinate and support implementation of vaccination program against Hepatitis B.
• Participate in the review/development of SOPs, training materials, job aids and IEC materials, data recording and reporting tools, supervision tools to integrate HIV, Viral Hepatitis and STIs services.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Medical Doctor (MD) or a relevant health related degree
• Three to five years’ experience working in a care and treatment project/program/clinic particularly in coordinating and strengthening Health programming services
• Have a Master in Public Health
• Have excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and facilitation skills
• Sensitivity to cultural differences & understanding of the political & ethical issues surrounding people infected with Viral hepatitis services
• Computer skills including, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Good communication skills with fluent written and spoken English and
• Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
i. All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
ii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
iii. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
a) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
b) Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
c) Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
d) Full Registration & Valid License
e) Internship Certificate
f) Birth certificate.
g) National ID.
h) Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
i) Form IV and form VI results slips;
j) Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
v. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
vi. If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
vii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
viii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
ix. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
x. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
xi. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.https://ajira.moh.go.tz/. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.