Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high- quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS)
Tanzania Health Promotion support (THPS) has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)- under the Cooperative Agreement GH20-2062 to implement a project entitled “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is to support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in the management, coordination, scale-up, and continuous modernization of Tanzania’s Health Information Systems (HIS). Specific areas that THPS will support include, but are not limited to: a) Technical planning and upgrading of HIS related to HIV/TB, particularly lab information systems; b) Strengthening data integration and linkages of diverse data sources and HIS; c) Improving data quality, data analyses, and utilization associate with HIS.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Project Accountant
Reports to: Project Finance and Administration Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Accountant is responsible provide financial maintenance for Dar es Salaam and zonal field offices. .
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Maintaining accurate bookkeeping records while ensuring filling is done timely and accurately.
• Receiving, processing all invoices, issuing checks, entering cash receipts and disbursements data into various forms.
• Process expense forms and requests for payments from staff.
• Prepare and post transactions into paper-based and computerized accounting systems.
• Validate invoices and ensure timely and accurate payment of those expenses
• Maintain accounts payable modules
• Maintain control account for expenses with many transactions a month, such as air tickets to avoid double payments
• Make arrangement for upcountry office payments, such as fund transfer to up country staff.
• Prepare all travel advances and post into system.
• Ensure adherence to THPS policies and procedures and donor financial management requirements.
• Maintain a separate memorandum of payments made to ensure we have enough cash flow in both account every month.
• Undertake banking activities for all bank accounts; checking balance, collecting bank statements, cashing checks
• Work as part of the team to achieve departmental objectives.
• Timely preparation of financial reports and meet reporting compliance
• Facilitate and support internal review and external Audits, comply with Auditors requirements and liaise with their recommendations
• Perform other duties as assigned
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualifications, experience & skills required
• The candidate must hold Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, or Corporate Management with accounting professional qualifications CPA or ACCA.
• Minimum of three years working experience in finance or accounting position.
• Knowledge of donor funded project preferably USG financial policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by May 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “HIS-MIFUMO Project Coordinator (HPC)”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.