Jobs at:WaterAid Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Date Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role is responsible for routine financial and management accounting functions including processing and recording all transactions on the system and supporting WA financial period end processes. The role also supports the implementation of effective and efficient financial controls within the context of the country strategy as well as the global finance team objectives.
Partners and other stakeholders
Project Specialists, Head of Programmes, Finance Staff & OD & Culture Unit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
To carry out routine financial accounting functions including processing and recording all transactions on the accounting system in line with organizational policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as follows:
• Monitor the Statement of Financial Position “Balance sheet “, especially all debtor and creditor balances to ensure that they are valid, and explanations have been provided for any unusually large movements during the month.
• Verifying all payments to ensure proper supporting documentation and audit trail.
• Review aged creditors, and document explanations for creditor balances which are overdue by 30 days. Review creditor movements across the periods.
• Review account receivables including prepayments account B400 and the schedule of transactions to ensure the balance is correct; and follow-up recovery of debtor balances.
• Monitor the running cash and bank balances to ensure efficient management of the cash resources and organization liquidity.
• Monitor the accounts which are not in use such as 9000 to 9200, 9999, ZZZZZ, NNNNN, or any cost centre with a budget is not yet funded.
• Reconcile Intra Organisation Accounts with UK Finance Offshore Report and highlight and resolve differences. Review, analyze and dispatch monthly recharges journal to and from respective CPs and UK.
• Follow up and monitor staff cash floats and loans to ensure that the advances are liquidated in line with organisational policies and procedures.
• Preparation and timely submission of accurate schedules of statutory deduction and accounts, in line with Government rules and regulations.
• Assist in carrying out review of financial reports submitted by implementing partners and supporting the partners on all aspects of financial management, risks and reporting.
• Track and action on financial review comments each month – line manager, Director of Finance & Operations, SMT and Regional Office “Regional Financial Accountant”.
• Support preparation and submission of accurate management accounts within due dates.
• Managing petty cash – payments, reporting, safe keeping and replenishment.
• Ensuring that all payments are recorded in SUN accounting system before funds are released – through “payment run” system.
• To support the Management Accountant in ensuring a successful, accurate and timely financial closing at month-end and year-end.
• Participate in internal, external and other audits, also financial reviews.
• Assist in implementing recommendations and action plans described on the audit reports.
• Assist the Financial Analysis Manager to develop and implement the financial controls, systems and procedures of WaterAid in Tanzania; ensuring the highest standards of accountability and compliance with best practices.
• Lead or support in improving the financial accounting processes and systems to contribute to maintaining and enhancing their efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide support to other teams in the country program, passing on or escalating issues appropriately to facilitate compliance to organizational policies.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the finance team and other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources.
• Supervise the maintenance of an updated consolidated fixed asset register for WATz, and using GAS to reconcile current year additions on codes 7710-7760.
• Carry out physical asset verification quarterly. Also ensure that all assets are engraved and worn out items are identified for disposal by the Director of Finance.
• Support Country Finance team in any other finance function as assigned from time to time like producing donor reports to which you are the finance lead as per the Restricted Income Project.
• Support the CP’s budget development, monitoring and review processes.
• Work with budget holders during planning processes and assist them with using templates and the chart of accounts.
• Participate in the review and consolidation of country programme plans and budget. Support units in the development of Budgets.
• Provide system generated information such as costing of activities and expenditure to inform the MPB during the planning and rolling forecasting processes.
• Interpret and summarize budget guidelines to the finance and non-finance team.
• Assist with uploading budgets on to GAS by checking the accuracy and completeness of the Country Programme Plans and budgets before consolidation and upload.
• Check that plans are in agreement with Organizational strategic objectives and if not clarify on how to classify with Budget holder.
• Disseminate final copies of budget to each respective budget holder.
• Support in partner monitoring and assessment processes.
• Ensuring all documents and records are properly filed and arranged in an orderly manner.
• Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required as the above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the way WaterAid works.
• Excellent (proven) interpersonal both oral and written communication skills.
• Highly numerate
• Ability to think strategically with excellent planning and prioritisation skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Successfully leading, managing, building high performing teams and developing capacity in
• Professional finance teams.
• Strong knowledge of fund accounting regulations for non-profit organisations.
• Experience of working in an international NGO
• Experience in using SUN systems and vision excel
• Experience of designing, coordinating and delivering training programmes
• Self-motivated person, able to work without close supervision
• Effectively promote WaterAid’s mission values, and objectives
• Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style.
• Minimum Job Qualifications Requirement (Academic, training, languages, etc.)
• Fully qualified with CA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or a bachelor’s degree in a Finance field.
• Quality and relevant experience in finance and accountancy in a senior position in a major organisation.
• IT literate and excellent knowledge and skills in using computer-based Accounting systems and Microsoft Excel and Word packages.
• Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets & developing monitoring and reporting systems.
• Ability to provide financial analysis and interpretation to Country Management Team for decision- making.
• Knowledge of government policies and regulations on financial management and taxation.
• Knowledge of international donor reporting requirements
• Risk analysis and risk management experience
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree