Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 18 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, May 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provide financial and administrative support in the designing, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
• Advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
• Maintain audit trail for all projects matters ie. proper book keeping both soft and hard copies and proper filling of project documents.
• Ensure sufficient internal controls are maintained throughout the project life, ie. bank reconciliations and all expenses are with proper approvals.
• Maintain project fixed assets register.
• Develop and monitor budgets for the project through monthly budget trackers and cash projections.
• Communicate effectively with Rafiki-SDO staff to ensure understanding of donor regulations, cost principles, and requirements.
• Support and oversee the procurement process to ensure proper planning, purchasing and distribution of project items in compliance with Rafiki-SDO policies and donor regulations.
• Analyze project expenses, including Rafiki-SDO financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project.
• Supervise administrative staff including office driver, security personnel and attendant.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of complete, accurate financial reports and cash requests as per donor requirements.
• Oversee compliance to Donor financial rule and regulations.
• Oversee policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
• Perform other related tasks as needed
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in Accounting and Finance only and not any other field.
• Conversant with accounting packages especially quick books will be an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded development programs and financial management. Candidates with USAID funded projects experience will be highly prioritized.
• At least three (03) years in finance management and supervisory role experience will be prioritized.
• High understanding of procurement procedures will be an added advantage.
• Experience in projects related to the following interventions: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional and Referrals, ECD, OVC interventions and child protection.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for these applications will be on Thursday, 18th May 2023, 17:00 hrs.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.