Project Finance Director
Jobs at:The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA)
Deadline of this Job:
22 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, March 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a national Non-Governmental Organization responsible form coordinating efforts of PLHIV in thenational HIV response. NACOPHA is the highest body and voice representing all organizations/groups and individual PLHIV in mainland Tanzania.
With financial support from USAID, NACOPHA is currently implementing HEBU TUYAJENGE Project in 65 Councils; the aim of this project is to contribute to HIVepidemic control by increasing the adoption of higher impact community HIV preventive, care, and treatment services among at-risk adolescents, young women,and PLHIV in 65 high burden councils in Tanzania. HEBU TUYAJENGE achievements can be attained through empowered workforce, which has integrity, committed and self-motivated.
NACDPHA seeks an innovative, self-driven, dynamic and compelent qualified candidates to fill the Project Finance Director position.
The Finance Director will be responsible for the overall financial management of the project, including, but not limited to: the accounting, invoicing, contracts management, procurement oncluding administrative activities), and to ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with USG and PEPFAR regulations, policies and procedures, to meet generally accepted accounting practices & standards. Slhe will oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources of the project; devel op effective mechanisms to monitor the expenditures. The Rnance Director has the responsibility to track project expenses and to prepare both contractually agreed and ad-hoc financial reports and annual budget projections to ensure full compliance in accordance with USG and PEPFAR rules and regulations. The Project Finance Director is the key advisor to the Chief of party on all HEBU TUYAJENGE project related financial matters. .
Key responsibilities and required skills and experience are detailed below.
• Provide overall strategic and financial management leadership on the project resources, and ensure all compliances as guided by the established financial protocols and practices by USAID and PEPFAR requirements, NACOPHA’s policies and good financial practices.
• Ensure compliance with all USAID policies, practices, and regulations; advise project staff on donor requirements; and provide training on financial manage ment, record-keeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
• Develop and monitor budgets for the project.
• Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Assess cost-effectiveness of methodologies proposed by the project leadership team.
• Prepare monthly invoices and quarterly financial reports, including projections and forecasting.
• Coordinate input for the annual work plan and budgeting process with the project team and partners.
• Oversee procurement of in-country commodities and other project equipment as needed, and as is guided by NACOPHA’s Procurement policies
• Coordinate communication with HEBU TUYAJENGE team on financial and operational issues, successes, and concerns.
• Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to USAID.
• Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and administrative functions within the project.
• Provide information, advice and technical assistance to sub awardees and PLHIV Clusters on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements, audit reports, procurement, and award monitoring.
• Manage disbursements to sub awardees and PLHIV clusters and monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives.
• Take leadership and facilitate timely of all project audit processes as required.
• Monitor and ensure overall financial compliance in accordance to agreements and contracts in place
• Provide support and facilitate the project close out
Required Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field with a GPA from a recognized University or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience supporting and working with activity technical staff to ensure resources are used eflicienUy and to accurately account for expenditures.
• Demonstrated success in managing finances for organizations with multi-million-dollar annual budgets.
• 7 (Seven) years of experience in a financial management capacity for a donor-funded activity of similar size, technical complexity, and setting.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili, both verbally and in writing.
• Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software including SAP.
• Demonstrated experience in program financial oversight including sub grant management including conducting risk assessments and building capacity for grant-worthiness.
• Experience in the management/accounting of Non-Government organization, USAID grants, cooperative agreements and contracts especially PEPFAR funded programs preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize worldoad with attention to detail.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Mode of Application:
For all interested candidates send your CV with not less than three referees including Supervisor and Subordinate, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Human Resource Officer NACOPHA via email email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.