Project Finance and Risk Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2021
Date Posted: Monday, March 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for three new Project Finance and Risk Advisors to work closely with country office staff and other support teams to ensure that projects funded by donors run smoothly. .
• You are proactive by nature and have initiative.
• You are comfortable taking decisions and have a good sense of when to escalate issues.
• You are quick to notice irregularities, yet you do not lose sight of the bigger picture.
• You enjoy solving problems and have a keen eye for improvement.
• You communicate clearly. You adapt your language and pace to suit your listeners.
• You are confident holding close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Last but not least, you are comfortable travelling to the countries we work in if necessary.
Job Holder Requirements
• Able to demonstrate finance and accountancy experience or excellent numerical skills
• Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience of working for an international (INGO)
• Proven experience of institutional donor project financial management
• Willing and able to travel on average twice a year if required (1-2 week trips)
• Good English language skills and experience working in English
• Good communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong attention to detail with a willingness to follow issues through to resolution
• Continuous improvement mindset, seeking ways to improve processes and mitigate risk
• Proven experience of USAID, EC and FCDO project financial management
• Proven experience of financial training to finance staff
• Able to explain financial issues and procedures to a non-financial audience.
• Experience of a computer-based accounting system
• Any knowledge of languages in addition to English (French, Portuguese, Wolof, or Swahili would be particularly useful)
• High level of programmatic and financial understanding of the project cycle
• This is an involved role and please see the job description for full details.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should visit https://www.nafasizakazi.com/job-opportunity-at-sightsavers-project-finance-and-risk-advisor/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.