Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 29 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Project Manager reports to the Resident Representative and will directly collaborate with the Legal Service Facility (LSF), in contact with the different Ministries: MoCLA, PoCLAPSGG and MoCDGWSG.
Specific results areas:
This function is linked to both outputs 1 and 2 of the project.
Under Output 1:
• Managing the grant agreement with LSF and the relating fiduciary risk.
• Following up on the implementation progress of LSF’s Access to Justice Program, as per the grant agreement.
Under Output 2: Directly responsible for carrying out activities under output 2 “the institutional sustainability of LSF, and in turn, of the Tanzanian legal aid sector is strengthened”, which includes :
• Finalizing the organizational capacity building plan with LSF.
• Following-up on the capacity building plan implementation of, in close collaboration with a designated focal point at LSF. Where necessary, Enabel will mobilize external international expertise.
• Following-up on the implementation by LSF of the recommendations formulated in the gender capacity assessment.
• Steering a strategic vision to dynamize the further the implementation of the Legal Aid Acts, including in relation to legal aid funding mechanisms, in coordination with the MoCLA, key access to justice stakeholders and other development partners. It includes following-up on the legal and policy review process, support LSF in preparing for engagements with policy makers, consultations and working sessions, drafting policy notes and other type of analysis, support coalition building, when needed, Enabel’s headquarters governance/justice experts and/or international experts can be mobilised.
Qualification and Experience
• Tanzanian National
• Masters degree (law degree considered an asset)
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project management of international development programmes
Specific competences or knowledge required:
• Strong knowledge and experience in grant management
• Knowledge and expertise in organisational development/capacity building
• Experience in monitoring, evaluation and capitalisation
• Strong ability to develop and steer strategic visions
• Good analysis and writing skills (terms of reference, policy notes, etc)
• Strong leadership skills
• Knowledge/strong interest in human rights and justice issues
• Knowledge/strong interest in gender equality issues
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset:
• Knowledge of the Tanzanian legal aid framework and main issues
• Experience in participating in legal/policy reform and advocacy
• Knowledge and experience in gender-mainstreaming
• Existing network in the access to justice sector
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
We offer you
• A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
• You are based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travels within the targeted districts of the regions of operations.
• Type of contract and duration: Contract for Specific Period, 30 months (final contract offer is conditioned on the pending signature of this intervention)
• Estimated Start: 01/01/24
• You are employed by Enabel in the function of “Intervention Manager”. A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and more benefits such as health care insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and if applicable reallocation allowance
• Relevant recognized experience for the function will be verified.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.