Jobs at:Global Volunteers
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Volunteers is a private, nonsectarian, international, human and economic development organization in consultative status with the United Nations. We recruit and engage teams of short-term volunteers to work on long-term community-driven development projects in countries around the world. Established in 1984, Global Volunteers is one of the largest organizations of its kind having engaged more than 34,000 volunteers in 34 countries on six continents. At the invitation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania, Iringa Diocese, Global Volunteers has worked in the Iringa region since 1987.
Reports to: Country Director
Under direct supervision of the Country Director, the RCP Program Accountant is expected to perform financial duties around accounting cycles and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records, compliance to organizational policies and procedures and statutory obligations. .
• To ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded in compliance with Global Volunteers and Tanzania financial policies and procedures
• To comply with all statutory obligations (e.g PAYE, TRA returns, SDL, NSSF, NHIF etc)
• Taxation: Ensuring that fully and accurate tax reports are prepared and submitted to the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) on or prior to deadlines
• To ensure that every accounting transaction have a proper audit trail and supporting documents
• To ensure that supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner
• To ensure scanning of payment vouchers for uploading into Global Volunteers systems
• To be the focal person for all internal and external financial audits
• To ensure all audit queries are addressed timely and in appropriate manner
• Work with budget holders to estimate funds request on a timely basis
• In consultation with other line managers and Country Director to ensure preparation and submission of cash flow requirements for RCP program
• Ensure all payments to suppliers are made in a timely and accurate manner following Global Volunteers policies
• Prepare weekly and monthly cash reconciliations
• Ensure that Banks mandate are followed and signatories list is up to date
• Conduct field finance audits in accordance with Global Volunteers policies and procedures
• Prepare required Mobile payment information, get completed supporting documents and share with Global Volunteers leadership for approval and payment.
• Prepare payments and effect correctly through physical and/or electronic methods
• Ensure that an up to date assets register is maintained
• Assist any operational challenges or discrepancies relating to financial management in a timely manner
• Ensure induction trainings for all staff on matters related to finance and compliance
• Ensure accuracy of posting in accordance with Global Volunteers policies and regulations
• Follow up on pending advance/receivables, loan balances from staff members
• Provide support to Country Director on ensuring human resources and administrative systems, processes and compliances are in line with Global Volunteers and Tanzania laws and regulations
• Payroll: Subject to approval by the RCP Director to ensure that the payroll is carefully and accurately prepared each month and that all salaries are paid by the last working day of each month.
• Insurance: Checking that all Global Volunteers buildings and vehicles are ensured.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree/Adv. Diploma in Accounting /Finance
• At least 2 – 3 years accounting and administration experience , preferably with International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGO) or NGO
• Evidence based knowledge of computerized accounting application is a must requirement with strong analytical skills in spreadsheets
• Attention to detail and accuracy, strict adherence to Global Volunteers policies
• Fluency in written and oral English communication skills is a must
• Ability to interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This individual must be well grounded in and have a strong commitment to Global Volunteers’ Philosophy of Service and the goals of the organization. Must communicate clearly in oral and written form. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage a substantial caseload.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st March, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.