Relationship Manager: SME
Jobs at:National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2021
Date Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To build and maintain relationships across a portfolio SME customers by focusing on growing value through achieving sales, income targets, and improving customer satisfactions. The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”, to manage and sustain a portfolio of SME customers, to build long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service and to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution .
• Development and implementation of business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets of the region.
• Interpret overall SME and Business Banking strategies into implementable plans and communicate to the region’s branch network.
• Drive cluster performance against key performance standards agreed with Customer Network leadership in areas including
• Define, agree and implement with branch management throughout the region, the necessary strategies and processes in respect of performance targets.
• Monitor daily sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved,
• Review and report to the SME leadership the total performance for all branches in the region on a monthly basis and develop short term strategy shifts to ensure delivery of overall performance targets
• Build and maintain proactive relationships with internal stakeholders including product/proposition and segment heads including Enterprise, Lending, Banc assurance, Liabilities, Channels, and Islamic Banking etc. to drive performance.
• Gather field feedback and provides insight into all product marketing and distribution opportunities.
• Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
• Research competitor products in the local market and make suggestions on improvements or changes to product teams
• Identify business improvement opportunities within the region and make appropriate recommendations to the Business Banking leadership team e.g. service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
• Analyse information received through the branch network and provide recommendations for input into short, medium and long-term BB strategy.
• Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Business banking Leadership.
• Involve Head Of SME and in developing the annual resource and capacity plans.
• Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the Regions team.
• Maximize performance Relationship Officers by identifying development Of training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
• Drive employee development and engagement within the cluster and branch teams that results in a high performance climate and culture
• Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
• Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
• Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch managers, relationship managers, branch teams and the broader business.
• Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
• Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in recruitment and exits of direct reports. This includes evaluating requests from branch managers for additional staff, and may reallocate headcount between branches, within overall area headcount budget.
• Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
• Acts as escalation point for grievance cases touching on Ro’s in the region
• Motivate staff through appropriate recognition schemes.
• Understand and articulate aggregated cluster requirements feedback to shape the customer proposition and product offering
• Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations
• Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch teams, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service
• Act as the escalation point for HOT complaints. Visit high net worth or key clients on request from the branch managers and relationship managers.
• Ensure branch network service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and with service manager develop plans for improvement. Discuss and agree plans with direct reports.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to provide high standard of service delivery
• Ensure the region operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
• Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards in the cluster are met and where required review branch remediation action plans.
• Review incident reports raised from branches and take required actions e.g. escalation, disciplinary action etc.
• Signoff all dormant account and all other refunds above branch manager limits
• Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
• Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
• Ensure all financial crime matters are addressed on time e.g. annual PEP & HRR,LR reviews
• Control Non-performing Assets to within regulatory and Industry standards
Job Skills : Not Specified
Commercial mindset - Junior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence - Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication - Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas - Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Relationship building (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NBC_Careers/job/Mwanza-Branch-NBC/Relationship-Manager--SME_R-15909544-1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.