Rise Programs Coordinator
Jobs at:The Grumeti Fund
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grumeti Fund 2020
RISE PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: RESEARCH AND INNOVATION FOR THE SERENGETI ECOSYSTEM (RISE)
DUTY STATION: GRUMETI, MARA REGION, TANZANIA
REPORTING: LINE HEAD SCIENTIST - RISE .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support on-going research programs via field data collection, updating records, and data maintenance.
• Summarize and analyze data regularly, providing project oversight and contributing to routine reports.
• Develop personal research and data analysis interests that align with existing permitted research projects and in support of key project objectives.
• Communicate results across departments and with key stakeholders via written reports and oral presentations.
• Organize and coordinate logistics for ongoing training programs and visiting researchers
• Assist the Head Scientist in planning, preparing, and hosting new training programs
• Oversee day to day activities of a small team of junior RISE staff
• Oversee day to day logistics essential for RISE operations to function smoothly
• Do other work related duties as directed by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum BSc in field directly related to conservation or ecology. MSc preferred.
• Prior research experience, independent field work in remote conditions required
• Prior experience managing program logistics and junior staff required
• Proficient in Microsoft suite, and able to type at least 40 wpm.
• Able to confidently use and navigate with GPS
• Highly proficient with data entry and quality control
• Clean Class C license
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English
• Proficiency in R, ArcGIS, or similar would be advantageous
• Previous experience with elephant monitoring would be advantageous (i.e. behaviour, individual ID, demography, etc.)
• Previous telemetry would be advantageous
• Previous experience working with camera traps would be advantageous • interface a plus
• Strong work ethic, trustworthy and reliable
• Keen attention to detail and highly organized
• Able to prioritize tasks and complete work efficiently
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Demonstrable interest in learning new skills and developing as a research / conservation professional
• Desire to work in a diverse, fast-pace, growth-oriented environment
• Must enjoy working in both the field and office
• Tech savvy and high degree of computer literacy
Interest in research and conservation management at the human-wildlife
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants with qualifications for this position should submit their applications letter and CV with details of their abilities and qualifications and at least three (3) contact persons via email to: email@example.com and or by postal mail clearly addressed to:
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
P.O.BOX 65, MUGUMU, SERENGETI, TANZANIA.
Deadline for receiving Applications is 31st December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.