Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community (ECSA-HC) is an inter- governmental regional organization that fosters and strengthens regional cooperation and capacity to address the health needs of its nine member states namely Eswatini, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. ECSA-HC has strong collective political, administrative and professional support of all its member states, regional and international organizations and occupies a unique position to provide leadership on various health sector issues in the region. Established in 1974, ECSA-HC has more than 40 years of experience providing technical assistance in health and strong support from all of its member states.
ECSA-HC is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join its financial management team. The Senior Accountant position is mainly to support the Director of Finance. The Senior Accountant shall be responsible for the management of financial activities and processes, performing day-to-day accounting tasks, and supervising the work of Finance officers. The senior accountant will also provide technical support in financial management to managers, program officers, and other stakeholders.
• Develop and implement sound financial systems that ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and accounting standards.
• Oversee the preparation of relevant periodic financial reports for both corporate and projects implementation as required by both statutory requirements within the organization’s financial policy framework and development partners
• Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts on in coming revenues or fund disbursements and ensure they’re submitted to management by the 10th of the following month end, to inform management of the financial health of the organization.
• Prepare periodic financial analyses and forecasts, to review financial trends internal and external to the organization and support decision making.
• Perform budget analysis, periodically to ensure that budget execution is in line
with the approved budget and where applicable with donor requirements.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts to ensure adequate funding is available to execute the budget. Prepare quarterly budget performance reports. Analyze complex financial information, including budgets and forecasts to provide management with insights into trends and performance.
• Ensure compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), organizational policies/standard operating procedures (SOP) assurance requirements from regulatory bodies. Support the implementation and application of the organization policies and procedures and the update of financial management manual
• Support the preparation of donor funded expenditure reports as per financing or grant agreements
• Provide support for both internal and external audits. Prepare annual financial statements for audit purposes.
• Supervise administration of payroll and other accounting data entry in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of the accounting records.
• Supervise reconciliation of the payroll statutory deductions and ensure timely remittance to TRA, NSSF, PSSF etc. on monthly basis and ensure submission of timely VAT claims to TRA
• Update the payroll codes and accounting codes regularly to ensure they are consistent with the financial policy and chart of accounts for both SAP and Advi accounting systems.
• Support both the External audit process and the Financial Advisor, and attend to their audit queries and develop an action plan for implementation of their recommendations.
• Supervise reconciliation of bank accounts with organization records to ensure accuracy of records by 5th day of each month.
• Support the review and follow up on the member state contributions
• Support the process of migrating from Advi to SAP by ensuring that the migrated data is accurate and system functions accurately
• Support the process of reviewing, updating and managing the fixed assets register
• Support the establishment, and monitoring of the organization’s risk management processes and procedures
• Perform any other related functions and duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• An undergraduate and Master’s degree in management and Accounting, Finance, or any other related discipline is required
• Professional Qualified Accountant- CPA/ACCA required
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in accounting or business management
• Experience in financial management of donor funded projects
• Experience in financial accounting and in the preparation of financial reports.
• Experience in using SAP and other accounting software packages
• Experience in using or understanding of MS office Word, and Advanced MS Excel is essential.
• Familiarity with Tanzania’s Accounting and Financial system as well as the
• Financial Regulatory Framework would be an added advantage
Essential Skills and Competencies Required
• Excellent communication skills. Communicates sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies
• Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Proven networking skills, and ability to generate interest in ECSA-HC’s
• Strong initiative-taker;
• Respect for diversity
• Very effective at multi-tasking;
• Focuses on impact and results for the client;
• Interacts effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior management
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm and in control even under pressure and tight deadlines.
An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate.
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first six months shall be considered as a probationary period. The contract is renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who wish to apply for the post should do so by submitting the following:-
• A brief application letter stating why the candidate feels suitable for the post.
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
• Copies of Educational and Professional Certificates.
• Completed ECSA HC application form obtainable from the ECSA-HC websit
• Names of three (3) referees with their addresses including Telephone, Fax and E-mail.
Applications that have not met all of the above set criteria will not be accepted.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications:
Applications should reach the address below, not later than 11:59 pm (EAT), 21st July 2023
The Director General
East, Central and Southern Africa-Health Community
Plot 157 Oloirien, Njiro Road
P.O. Box 1009 Arusha, Tanzania
E-mail: email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
• Employment Application Form
The East, Central and Southern Africa- Health Community is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.