Senior Accounting Associate
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 03 2023
Date Posted: Monday, October 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This senior paraprofessional assists in completing complex accounting support tasks such as bank reconciliations, reimbursements, periodic close out activities, disbursements, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, global roll ups, and international partner billings. The incumbent may perform broad accounting support work for GMC or remote offices including reconciling and recording periodic entries, and calculating and processing support and gifts. Based on the actual work group assigned, the incumbent in this position may perform some or all of the essential functions listed, as well as other related duties. This is the highest level of accounting support position and often provides coaching and technical advice to other assistant and offices.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
• Provides highly skilled support to accounting team, organizing and scanning backups, entering transactions, reconciling accounts, completing journal entries, maintaining documentation.
• Researches and resolves complex issues such as past due credit card balances, outstanding payments, and accounts payables discrepancies. Responds directly to internal clients such as employees and leadership regarding finance and accounting issues.
• Performs highly skilled bookkeeping duties involving complex calculations for reports and analysis, and performs and documents GAAP research, providing analysis, and responds to inquiries, as well as assuring compliance to GAAP, organizational policy, and other national and local regulatory requirements. Ensures that significant contracts are properly executed for building leases and in other obligations.
• As the subject matter expert, administers and provides training content for expense management system.
• Oversees disbursement and/or reconciliation of petty cash, accounts payable, employee credit cards, reimbursements, and similar issues, ensuring that proper documentation is received and is in compliance with policy.
• Provides highly skilled accounting services to various finance and accounting teams performing duties such as overseeing foreign exchange brokering, entering and tracking vouchers, overseeing wire transfers, maintaining daily cash spreadsheet, Exchange Rate Report spreadsheet, and expense report processing.
• Leads or participates in project accounting and financial decisions making related to projects, ensuring consistency with budgeted expenditures and allocations throughout the project life cycle. Reviews forecast-to-complete and other project progress projections for management reporting and consults with project leadership regarding regular project cost reports such as variance and cash flow.
• Provides coaching and technical advice to other staff and client groups.
• Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
• High School Diploma
• Ten years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
Office – Standard Office Environment
Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
No travel required for this role
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.