Senior Finance Manager
Jobs at:Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST)
Deadline of this Job:
22 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Finance Manager oversees the smooth running of finance team on daily basis and managing daily operational activities, Finance Reports, resolve differences and queries as well as supervising timely submission of monthly, semi-annual and annual tax forms/returns and ensure compliance with tax authorities and other government regulation bodies.
• Manage monthly and annual closing activities and prepare various financial and analytical reports.
• Provides technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees.
• Supervise to ensure timely submission of monthly, semi-annual and annual tax forms/returns and ensure compliance with tax authorities and other government regulation bodies.
• Review the daily reconciliation of bank accounts on daily basis and ensure availability sufficient balance of foreign currency to fulfill institution’s commitment. Work closely with bank to resolve any identified errors and queries.
• Manage working capital and ensure hospitals cash flow is adequate to allow operate effectively, closely liaison with debtor department and follow-up on recovery issues, schedule creditor payments on weekly basis in accordance with forecasted cash flows.
• Completely oversee the smooth running of finance department – creditor on daily basis and facilitate team in managing the daily operational activities, resolve differences and queries and set example in partnering with other department to fulfil institution goals.
• Prepare monthly key management reports including variance reports.
• Prepare institutional budget while corresponding and gathering departmental and historic data.
• Manage and supervise general accounting section and its staff (including Creditors, GL, Payroll, Insurance, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Treasury).
• Co-ordinate audit related matters, liaise with external auditors and facilitate reviews.
• Manage relationship and closely liaison with bankers, external auditors, consultants, lawyers, tax administrator, and other government authorities.
• Work closely with other departmental managers and heads to overcome any shortfall in financial processes, facilitate internal and external stake holders in accordance with policies.
• Recruit, train and evaluate department staff.
• Supervise the reconciliation of Inter Unit Accounts.
• Reconcile cash account and deposits on daily basis and authorize receipts by verifying necessary documentation.
• Manage investment register and renew deposits on timely basis, place vacant funds in investment as per institution guidelines and policies.
• Play key role in developing/updating financial policies and procedures in accordance with any regulation changes or any development in the best practices.
• Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields.
• Professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CMA.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in the related field.
• Minimum of 3 years in leadership and management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and MS Office.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Application letter, cv and education certificates should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the position or hand delivered to
Human Resource Department,
P. 0. Box 2289, Ocean Road, Dar Es Salaam.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.