Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance officer will provide support in the areas of financial management, accounting and record keeping within the FHI360 /Tanzania Country Office (CO) and ensure that all functions, including those under the Implementing partners (IPs), are conducted in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with USAID and FHI360 policies, procedures and regulations
• Overall, in charge of the finance unit in the absence of the finance manager
• Provide financial systems control and oversight in keeping with FHI360 and USAID regulations and according to international accounting standards.
• Review and certify petty cash transactions
• Review the transactions entered into GFAS by the Finance Officers and ensure the accuracy of the codes and amounts entered and the completeness of the transactions before posting.
• Prepare and review the projects, activity and the CO fiscal year budgets in collaboration with program staff and project directors.
• Ensure timely closure and submission of the GFAS monthly financial reports and any other specifically required financial reports, such as quarterly pipelines to Headquarters (HQ)
• Assist in communicating with the bank on all issues related to the projects and CO, including bank account balances, check book requests, bank statements etc.
• Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager on CO and IP audits and assists the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
• Conduct pre-award reviews for implementing partners for qualifying recipients (primarily those exceeding US $50,000 or others as deemed appropriate in accordance with established FHI360 procedures).
• Assist in the development of IP budgets and provide capacity building technical assistance to the IP finance staff.
• Review recipient monthly financial reports (MFRs) and conduct scheduled financial review visits to the IPs
• Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, and minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience. MBA or CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management and reporting.
• Working experience in grants management is desirable.
• Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities to meet business objectives.
• Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with or knowledge of donor-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures; experience with USAID preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key stakeholders.
• Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
• Good report writing and documentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to motivate and work well with others; and serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems.
• Works under minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.