Senior Finance Officer
Jobs at:Media Council of Tanzania (MCT)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 24 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Media Council of Tanzania(MCT)is an independent, voluntary, self-regulatory body with the objective of promoting freedom of the media and ensuring the highest professional standards and media accountability in the United Republic of Tanzania.
MCT is implementing a five-year Programme Strategy (2023 – 2027) that aims at expanding the perimeters of freedom of expression and of the media as well as promoting professionalism and accountability in order to ensure that the Tanzania media contributes effectively to the country’s development and democratic processes.
As part of implementation of its Strategy, MCT would like to recruit a competent Tanzanian to fill the vacancy of SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER as elaborated below:
Position: Senior Finance Officer
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Overall Responsibility: To ensure that accounting and financial management of MCT’s operations are in strict compliance with MCT financial policies, regulations, procedures, donor agreements, IFRSs/ IPSAs and best practices. Provide quality and timely advice on matters of finance and financial management and provide timely and accurate financial and management reports.
1. Supervises the day-to-day function of the finance unit;
2. Provide technical advice to the team on the preparation of the plans and budgets for optimal use of resources;
3. Assist to develop project budgets and fundraising;
4. Oversee preparations of financial reports and submit to Executive Secretary-;
5. Review and prepare Financial Management Reports which include but are not limited to, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports;
6. Ensure compliance of MCT with laws and regulations relating to tax as well as other statutory authorities;
7. Periodically review operations of the accounting package and ensure all information is input accurately on daily basis;
8. Ensure all financial documents are aligned to practice, market completeness, and compliance with applicable policies and laws;
9. Ensure financial documents are kept and are in compliance with MCT’s financial policies;
10. Communicate financial policies and procedures to all staff and ensure they are properly implemented and adhered to;
11. Interpret the Programme Strategy and link it to the Strategic Budget as well linking Annual Work Plans to Annual Budgets and provide strategic advice on the implementation that will enhance value for money;
12. Prepare quarterly reports on the implementation of the resource mobilization work plans for consideration by the management;
13. Liaise with tax and other authorities wherever necessary;
14. Review donor reports and ensure submission of the same is done within the context of the Memorandum of Understanding and Bilateral Agreements;
15. Review and approve bank reconciliation statements;
16. Liaise with external auditors and work with auditors to ensure smooth Audits on MCT Finances; and
17. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Job Specifications Education:
• CPA(T) holder or its equivalent,
• Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university, Master degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of four (A) years’ experience in senior accounting/finance level.
• Proven experience in managing donor funds.
• Strong English language skills, both written and spoken;
• Experience and ability to use various Accounting soft-wares;
• Ability to support and direct the implementation of ideas, projects and plans once adopted by the organization;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while working as part of a team;
• Excellent financial analytical skills;
• Energetic, independent, self-motivated personality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, submit an application letter explaining your suitability for the job, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with email address, telephone number, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials, and names of three professional referees to the address below:
Media Council of Tanzania,
PO Box 10160,
Closing date is November 24,2023 Close of Business. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
MCT is an equal opportunity employer therefore all people are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.