Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Savannas Forever Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 30 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, December 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance & Administration Manager is expected to drive and manage best practices in finance, grant management, administration and human resources management to maximize efficiency and growth within Savannas Forever Tanzanian, a non-profit research and development organization based in Arusha, Tanzania.
• Financial planning and analysis, budgeting and finance control: Create, coordinate, and evaluate the SFTZ programs and projects and implement sound financial planning, budgeting, compliance, and asset management practices.
• Prepare the annual budget and business plan in consultation with the Executive Director for the organization, projects and programs;
• Prepare monthly income and expenditure reports and cash flow analyses for the Executive Director and with project managers for specific research and donor projects in compliance with grant requirements;
• Work closely with technical and development staff to produce accurate and timely budget proposals for individual and foundation donors and research and development RFPs under the pressure short deadlines
• Prepare invoices for clients and resolve any billing issues;
• Manage relationship with fiscal sponsor in the US
• Manage subgrants in accordance with SFTZ policies and procedures
• Develop and put into practice procedures for grant and donation management.
• Preparation of Income & expenditure review for Executive Director on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Co-development of the annual business plan with Executive Director and technical staff, and presentation to the Board of Directors.
• Ensure compliance and manage external government and entities such as auditors, immigration, the Ministry of Labour and employment and Tanzanian tax authorities, etc;
• Ensure tax reporting obligations are efficient and timely fulfilled.
• Develop, improve and document administrative procedures;
• Prepare the bi-annual Board Meeting, convene and take minutes;
• Handle contacts and office and employee contracts;
• Track progress of legal issues, grant and registrations;
• Prepare and proofread internal documents.
Human Resources Management
• Support the Executive Director in staff recruitment processes, employment contracts,
• Update SFTZ human resource procedures manual and ensure procedures are in compliance with the legal requirements
• Supervise and manage payroll processing and reporting requirements
• Develop and manage human resources procedures in line with the legal framework of Tanzania
• Develop and manage employee contracts for short- and long-term positions
• To succeed in this role we expect you to be analytical, organized and structured with an eye for detail. You have the ability to work independently and to take initiative.
• You enjoy and are skilled at developing budgets for research projects and grant proposals with colleagues as well as planning and re-planning, predicting and solving problems required to reach deadlines. You enjoy facilitating team collaboration to make sure things get delivered on time. You will be dealing with confidential and sensitive information, and it is important that you are able to handle it with integrity and responsibility.
• University degree in finance, management or equivalent
• CPA highly desirable
• Minimum to 5-10 years’ of experience
• Minimum of 5-years’ experience in international agency grant and donor management
• Advanced knowledge in Excel and QuickBooks
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili
• Experience of working in a successful non-profit is essential
• Excellent oral and written communication with experience managing relationships with government regulatory agencies, international donors and funding agencies,
• Impeccable recommendations for high integrity, strong work ethic and performance in a comparable position,
Part-time position for the six-month working in collaboration with SFTZ finance and administration manager starting as soon as possible
Permanent, full-time position with a six months’ probation period,
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 30th, 2023, with the following attachments:
Your CV and including employment references and their contact details
A short letter of introduction in English and Swahili, explaining why you think you fit this job description
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.