Senior Grant Finance Officer
Jobs at:World Vision Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grants Finance Officer under the supervision of the Senior Grants Finance Officer will provide technical Support on financial management to the project in line with World Vision policies and donor requirements. Facilitate accurate and timely accounting, reporting and budgetary functions and ensure conformity with World Vision International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established by donor communicate World Vision's cultural ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
• Budget and fixed asset Management and Monitoring.
• Monitoring of projects budgets to ensure proper charging of projects expenses and spending as per approved Project budget.
• Provide lead in budgetary control to ensure that activities are implemented within approved budget.
• Support in the preparation and revision of budgets and implement budgetary management strategies.
• All project expenses are allowable, reasonable and allocable
• No disallowed costs
• No overspending or underspending
• Budget revisions done timely
• Partner Management
• Conduct periodic project/partner visit for financial review and capacity building in finance management.
• Reviewing partners reports and posting them into the system on time.
• Build Partners Capacity in Financial Management to ensure Grants Compliance.
• The capacity of the partners is built and they implement and comply with the grants compliance which leads to consistent, effective, and efficient financial management system.
• Support timely project payments for vendors, partners and Beneficiaries.
• Timely payments and recording of project costs
• Examine financial data for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and ensure financial integrity and build financial and resource management capacity.
• Provision of technical assistance and awareness to project staff on all financial related issues.
• Compliance with Donor and WV Guidelines
• Implement internal controls using policy and guidelines and generally accepted accounting standards for the prevention of waste and fraud Zero tolerance to fraud is adhered to
• Ensure that project procurements are done on timely basis and as per WV policies
• Procurement done on timely manner as per the procurement plan
• Support the project staff to submit timesheets and Labour distribution reports as per the donor and WV guidelines.
• Salary Reconciliations done on monthly basis
• Facilitate annual project audits & monitor implementation of audit recommendations
• Successful audits and no disallowed costs
Knowledge/Qualifications for the role
• Required Professional Experience
• Minimum of three years in progressive working experience in donor funded environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, financial management including budgeting, grants, contracts and partner management.
• Minimum one year of experience from an international NGO experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial, reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical, financial data into informative reports
• Reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical
• Financial data into informative reports.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
• Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Required Education, training, license,
• registration, and certification
• Bachelor degree in Accounting/ Finance/Equivalent
• Professional qualification in accounting such CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
• Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Experience in managing international donor funds
• Working knowledge of international donor funded projects and Other grants operations, finance services and practices
• Experience in managing partners
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public
• Experience working with an international organization will be an added advantage
• Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems accounting software
• Travel to the field to support the project team and Partners as required.
• Physical Requirements To be located in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma.
• Language Requirements
• Swahili, spoken and written
• English, spoken and written
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.