Senior Manager, Financial Accounting
Jobs at:Akiba Commercial Bank (ACB)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 08 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SENIOR MANAGER, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
The bank is looking for a seasoned Finance professional to join and Finance team and lead the financial accounting unit.
The position is responsible for developing systems, process and procedures for preparing, analysing and verifying financial reporting/submissions in line with reporting standards, regulatory requirements and Bank’s policies:
• Manage the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual financial reporting and submission as per prescribed timelines.
• Ensuring proper controls on financial reporting in compliance with IFRS, Companies Act,
Taxation Act and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Manage the audit process, review the submissions for external audits and closure of audit queries.
• Ensure Bank reputation with external stakeholders such as regulators, auditors and tax
• Ensure proper accounting for all taxes and prepare regular updates to management and
• Continually monitor developments in the Bank of Tanzania Reporting Regulations and
ensure implementation and meeting the reporting requirements.
• Maintain effective working relationships with various areas across the bank including Treasury, Credit, Commerce, Operations, Riskand Compliance to maintain high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings.
• Lead/participate in Regulatory examinations, internal and external audits.
• Identify opportunities for automation of all regulatory returns and keep reporting system up to date with business development.
• Support the implementation of system changes to comply with regulatory reporting requirements.
• Keep abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters degree will be an added advantage.
• Professional accounting qualification such as CPA (T) or ACCA is a mandatory requirement.
• Seasoned Finance professional with 5+ years’ experience in a managerial position.
• Understanding of regulatory reporting requirements for the banking industry.
• Driven and self-motivated to work both independently and within a team. e Strong analytical, technical, organization skills and attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication, presentation and coaching skills.
• Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups across the bank as well as external auditors and regulators.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and ready for great challenges mail:
Covering letter and Your Curriculum vitae
Deadline: December 8, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.