Senior Network Security Specialist
Jobs at:NMB Bank
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Senior Network Security Specialist
To plan, organize, and lead a roadmap that delivers cost-effective and efficient bank security controls to protect and defend the bank’s network infrastructure against any internal and external threats such as cyber-attacks.
• Protect the bank’s network infrastructure with appropriate security controls.
• Manage and ensure optimal security configurations for all network security hardware, equipment, and Software including Firewalls, Network Access Control Appliances, Routers, Switches, and Load Balancers.
• Conduct research and provide recommendations on the network security products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network security continuous improvements.
• Provide ownership of all the security incidents through to the final resolution for the network security technologies implemented within the bank’s infrastructure.
• Implement security governance by defining, developing, implementing, and maintaining required network security procedures, standards, and guidelines in line with the bank’s specified level of approvals.
• Continuously monitor all incoming and outgoing network traffic for any unusual and malicious activities.
• Provide technical statistics and reports related to network security technology roadmap necessary to aid in management decisions.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the network security hardware, software and license, and support.
• Design and manage network security architecture and documentation.
• Perform network security infrastructure self-audit to establish all possible loopholes and provide necessary recommendations.
• Work with key technology and project stakeholders/colleague to ensure network security services are timely delivered.
• Knowledge of network security standards and baselines.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Demonstrable honesty, integrity, and credibility.
• Ability to communicate complex security concepts in an easy-to-understand business language.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
• At least have a CCNP Security certification or related certification.
• Security-related certifications – CISA, CISM, CISSP are preferred.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in network security technologies and configuring firewalls, Load Balancer, Network Access Control Systems, routers, and switches.
• Hands-on experience in Network Routing & Switching, SSL/ IPSec, VoIP,
• Experience in scripting and automation using PowerShell and Bash/Shell Scripting.
Experience : 5.0 Year(s)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.