Shift Boss at North
Jobs at:North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shift Boss to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Foreman
• Plan and organize resources, people and equipment to ensure the execution of the mining schedule
• Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks(5 point)
• Identify recurring problems and derive solutions involving team members.
• Recognize and reward team member efforts
• Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures. Identify unsafe and hazardous situation
• Interpret the approved operational plans. Determine how resources and processes must be utilised / applied to achieve objectives
• Conduct meetings with Miners and report on previous shift status. Identify constraints and compare planned development and production against actual.
• Identify own priorities including PTO’s (Plan Task Observations), leadership interactions, heading inspections and communicate constraints to relevant stakeholders
• Plan, coordinate and control the load and haul process
• Ordinary secondary education
• Blasting Certificate
• Valid Driving Licence
• At least 3 years Drill and Blast experience
• At least 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory role
• At least 2 years Load and Haul operations experience as a Miner
• At least 2 years construction experience as a Miner
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Mine health &Safety Act awareness
What We Can Offer You:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “SHIFT BOSS“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th June 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.