Supply Chain Officer (Asset & Inventory Management)
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, November 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role:
Ensuring DRC Asset and equipment are managed as per the Donor’s and DRC Standard Operating Procedures at Kibondo and Kasulu Office, Nduta and Nyarugusu Refugee Camps. This includes registering, updating and maintaining documents and other tracking tools for proper asset and equipment management and other supply chain duties..
Main Responsibilities: Asset Management
• Providing support on ensuring that Asset and Equipment management is complying to all DRC and Donor’s SOP.
• Responsible for timely updating of asset and equipment register in DRC Dynamics as soon as they are received, issued, returned or in case of any change of condition eg. damage, loss, theft etc.
• Tagging all DRC asset and equipment and ensure visibility on all asset.
• Uploading all documents and other required information related to asset and equipment management in DRC dynamics.
• Issuing and retrieving asset and equipment while ensuring that DRC SOP’s are adhered to.
• Following upon all repairs related to asset and equipment and ensuring that assets are in good condition
• Recognizing all expired and obsolete/obsolescence asset and equipment for disposal purposes as per the SOP.
• Conducting physical inventory of all asset and equipment at all locations, ensuring that all premises have approved updated list of asset and equipment all the time as required by the SOP.
• Sharing weekly and monthly updates reports in terms of asset and equipment management.
• Participate in any verification of asset and equipment as it may be required.
• Providing general support on management of assets and equipment.
Responsibilities: Inventory Management
• Ensuring full compliance on warehouse/inventory management
• Receiving, safe keeping and dispatching goods as per DRC warehouse management policy
• Ensuring adherence to safety and security standards across all warehouse premises
• Conducting physical inventory checks, monthly or regular checks as per DRC and Donor’s guidelines.
• Manage Warehouse and general storage of warehouse facilities and consignments.
• Provide weekly warehouse stock reports and share with Supply Chain Team Leader – Logistics
• Provide timely information on items that needs to be disposed of, this includes unused or expired commodities (broken, expired etc.)
• Conducting delivery follow up and coordination with other warehouse colleagues on delivery of various goods and services to different locations.
• Making prior communication and arrangement on items that need to be shipped from one location to another
• Follow up on securing camp entrance permits for Nduta and Nyarugusu Refugee camps. This involves coordination with Government Authority, DRC sector leads and other supply chain colleagues for timely camp entrance permits.
• Providing timely incident reports related to warehouse facilities or consignment stored in the warehouse in case of any discrepancies observed.
• Providing information to Supply Chain staff responsible for asset management in case any new asset or equipment is purchased and need to be received, stored or upon dispatching.
• Securing all warehouse documentations in a proper way as per DRC filling SOP
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies. (include years of experience)
• Minimum 3 years working with Refugees context
• Experience with ERP system. (DRC dynamics)
• High level of professionalism
• Experience in working with International organizations is an added advantage. Mainly UN agencies
• Experience in Supply Chain i.e. Procurement, Fleet, Asset and warehouse management
• Experience in working as a team
• Experience with meeting deadlines
Education (include certificates, licenses etc.)
• Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain or Business Management is required.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• Fluent in English
• Kirundi is an added advantage
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
• Danish Refugee Council staff members
• Compliance and Detail-oriented
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills, culturally sensitive and adaptable
• Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
• Understands humanitarian issues in Tanzania, and the region
• Willing to travel to project sites in Tanzania
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.